Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In trouble with the Hat monkey

daddy0d0

A-List Customer
Well I suppose it had to happen sooner or later. It turns out the bait monkey has a brother, The Hat Monkey and he found me. I suspect his brother told on me I fish and I am a victim of the mind control powers of the bait monkey Every 2 weeks or so a package arrives with new fishing baits and equipment, to my wife's consternation I so far have been able to ignore the Hat monkey's powers of persuasion but my resolve is starting to crumble like a cheap lawn chair.
Just this morning the monkey started whispering in my ear that I need a new hat, that it's been over a year since I got one. His persuasive powers are getting better as I now cannot stop thinking about a new hat. I'm more of an outback style kind of guy and the monkey knows this, he keeps whispering about an Akubra Angler in Loden( he knows I have the Angler in Fawn) and a Banjo Patterson in Heritage Fawn. Boy am I in trouble. Thank God he has not said anything about custom

The Hat Monkey has chained himself to me and I have to get a hat every day or so now...

Hat_Monkey.jpg

Well I suppose it had to happen sooner or later. It turns out the bait monkey has a brother, The Hat Monkey and he found me. I suspect his brother told on me I fish and I am a victim of the mind control powers of the bait monkey Every 2 weeks or so a package arrives with new fishing baits and equipment, to my wife's consternation I so far have been able to ignore the Hat monkey's powers of persuasion but my resolve is starting to crumble like a cheap lawn chair.
Just this morning the monkey started whispering in my ear that I need a new hat, that it's been over a year since I got one. His persuasive powers are getting better as I now cannot stop thinking about a new hat. I'm more of an outback style kind of guy and the monkey knows this, he keeps whispering about an Akubra Angler in Loden( he knows I have the Angler in Fawn) and a Banjo Patterson in Heritage Fawn. Boy am I in trouble. Thank God he has not said anything about custom

Over a year without a new hat! I’m impressed with your willpower. I’m thinning down my hat collection and it still grows by a couple every month. I’m not sure that’s what “thinning down” actually means.

Have you looked at the prices and quality of The Phoenix Hat Company? A custom for a factory price.... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddy0d0

A-List Customer
Over a year without a new hat! I’m impressed with your willpower. I’m thinning down my hat collection and it still grows by a couple every month. I’m not sure that’s what “thinning down” actually means.

Have you looked at the prices and quality of The Phoenix Hat Company? A custom for a factory price.... :)

SHHHHH!!! He'll hear you

Just Jim

A-List Customer
I view "thinning down" as a process or journey, rather than a goal or destination. For instance, my New Year's Resolution a few years ago was to reduce my book stash by 5,000 books.

It took a few years, but I did it. We won't discuss how many books I acquired over those same years, but I did manage to thin my collection by 5,000. . . so it sounds to me like your goal of "thinning down your collection" is going well!

Best regards,
Mr. Probably-Not-The-Best Example

I've had the monkey for years. I'm running out of space to store my hat boxes but on the positive side I have a hat to match any mood or clothes choice. I might be dysfunctional but this place is full of us. I generally buy 4 a month. My kids will probably be mad at me when I die.:):););)
View attachment 132580
...and sell on all your hats for $5 a piece:D

GHT

I'll Lock Up
And then we have the 25 prs. of prescription eyeglasses and sunglasses. I won't be around to see their faces.:):):):)
25 pairs, small fry. How could I possibly have, or even wear, 78 Aloha shirts, and counting? I can't even hide the cost of them, my missus makes them for me. Fabric, paper pattern, notions et al, come to about £60, thankfully the labour is free, but even so, sixty pounds a shirt..........it gets expensive.

Winston Carter

Practically Family
25 pairs, small fry. How could I possibly have, or even wear, 78 Aloha shirts, and counting? I can't even hide the cost of them, my missus makes them for me. Fabric, paper pattern, notions et al, come to about £60, thankfully the labour is free, but even so, sixty pounds a shirt..........it gets expensive.
LOL I think we can all agree we love fashion shopping. This dam internet makes it worse !!:):):)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic