Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy hat post em up

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
I'm afraid my Indy Collection is in need of some work. From left to right: Unbashed Fed IV awaiting inspiration, 150 Year edition Stetson Excellent (Fortune & Glory), 20 yr old Peter Bros with Red liner, even older Peter Bros without liner.

20180818_082544.jpg
20180818_082743.jpg
20180818_082715.jpg

Last edited:

Roadopen

One of the Regulars
Just for sh*ts and giggles I semi-Raiderized my not-Indy moss green Penman. Just mushroomed the crown a bit. No Raiders pinch or turn, though.

View attachment 136289

That is a wicked take on Indy, I sort of nicked the same style on a dry bash as seen on my OR avatar :rolleyes: my Dorfman Pacific IJ Safari v2 style is simple but with straight brim around ( my beater this fall and rain ) no bends or folds. I like the look for me anyways.:D

Would've love to get one of the Indy high crown model when Adventurebilt was making them for the movie call as commissioned until they became what now is Penman Hat Co. ( you folk's here probably know this already before me ):rolleyes:

Cheers all!

Roadopen

Roadopen

One of the Regulars
I can live with at least 3 brown's as long as they are in different shades and style molds!! :D
- Pecan
- Bitter Chocolate
- Dark Rusty Brun

Whoa!!! I must be done with browns?:D

But then again if an Adventurebilt comes along my way, I might not be able to resist and break my limit numbers!!:p

Peace!
Roadopen

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
That is a wicked take on Indy, I sort of nicked the same style on a dry bash as seen on my OR avatar :rolleyes: my Dorfman Pacific IJ Safari v2 style is simple but with straight brim around ( my beater this fall and rain ) no bends or folds. I like the look for me anyways.:D

Would've love to get one of the Indy high crown model when Adventurebilt was making them for the movie call as commissioned until they became what now is Penman Hat Co. ( you folk's here probably know this already before me ):rolleyes:

Cheers all!

Roadopen

By the Indy 'high crown' model I assume you mean the Raiders hat.

Fact is, many people crease these hats taller than they are meant to be. I have it on very good authority that the front of the Raiders hat crease is 4 1/2" tall, which is no taller than many fedoras owned by our members, for example.

Roadopen

One of the Regulars
By the Indy 'high crown' model I assume you mean the Raiders hat.

Fact is, many people crease these hats taller than they are meant to be. I have it on very good authority that the front of the Raiders hat crease is 4 1/2" tall, which is no taller than many fedoras owned by our members, for example.

Yes sir that is what I meant when I stated the Indy high crown as opposed to the Fed IV which is a bit high too depending on how you like it if ever left alone as is. It's just the way it sit on a viewing angle that makes it higher in a way that I like.

Having a high crown must balance with the brim as well, it's all about proportion I guess in the end as not all hat can carry what other hats can turn into.:)

Roadopen

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Yes sir that is what I meant when I stated the Indy high crown as opposed to the Fed IV which is a bit high too depending on how you like it if ever left alone as is. It's just the way it sit on a viewing angle that makes it higher in a way that I like.

When I wrote 'these hats' I meant Indy hats of any brand. Sorry if there was any confusion.

I've seen Indy hats of different brands that are upwards of 5 inches at the front. People see the tight pinch that goes down to the ribbon and think the hat is much taller than it is. If you want accuracy, it's 4.5".

Having a high crown must balance with the brim as well, it's all about proportion I guess in the end as not all hat can carry what other hats can turn into.:)

Absolutely. And both the crown and the brim must balance with the face and head of the person it sits on. Not everyone can wear the same hat, head circumference not withstanding.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up

Cheers all!

Roadopen

Adventurebilt did not become the Penman Hat Co., although there is a relationship between the men who operate(d) both.

Roadopen

One of the Regulars
Adventurebilt did not become the Penman Hat Co., although there is a relationship between the men who operate(d) both.

Thank you for the correction sir!, What I meant is that Penman had a relation in such ways that they too were making the Indy hats correct? Yes there was a few personnel involved in the making and collaborations etc. as well.

By the way? Which of the Indy models you have atm?

Roadopen

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points