Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy hat post em up

Jerekson

One Too Many
Reshaped my Akubra!

Well, I reshaped my favorite hat. I really, really liked the Raiders style bash I had (earlier pages) but I always felt that the LC hat was moreso my style.

So I thought about it. and this is what my hat looks like now:
Akubra_16.png

Reshaped back to open crown - the put in new dents, new pinch, and new crease. Got rid of the turn, and reshaped the entire brim.

What do you think?

Donato

One of the Regulars
Jerekson said:
Well, I reshaped my favorite hat. I really, really liked the Raiders style bash I had (earlier pages) but I always felt that the LC hat was moreso my style.

Akubra_16.png

Reshaped back to open crown - the put in new dents, new pinch, and new crease. Got rid of the turn, and reshaped the entire brim.

What do you think?
Love the Fed. and it looks smashing on you, Jerekson!

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Jerekson said:

Akubra_16.png

What do you think?
Looks great!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Edward

Bartender
I remember this thread!

My Fed Deluxe - thse photos are up elsewhere, but for convenience sake in this thread:

My attempt at a Raiders look:

010.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

I still wear the brim snapped up at the back..... down, it's much closer to the classic Indy look (his being, as I gather, a non-snapper), but hey..... I love the hat in and of itself, but as the good Dr Jones was what got me into Fedoras way back when, it seems appropriate that my first self-bash was in emulation of his hat.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Indy's hat was always snapped up in the back (though it was sometimes kind of flat for "up") - maybe you're thinking of that rougish Young Indy who wears it down all around?

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jerekson said:

Akubra_16.png

What do you think?
Very well done, especially at your age!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Indycop -- that Peters Bros. is a good look! :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL
I have really grown attached to it!
I think once my AB gets back I will stop with buying any other hats and just get Art's hats, since if I am not wearing my Vintage Silhouette I am wearing my PB

Edward

Bartender
Doctor Strange said:
Indy's hat was always snapped up in the back (though it was sometimes kind of flat for "up") - maybe you're thinking of that rougish Young Indy who wears it down all around?

Possibly! I think my confusion might be related to the actual Jones hat being a "flat" rather than snap brim - c/f Akubra CEO versus the Fed...? [huh]

Eh, well. I guess if any of us was gonig to have a totally screen accurate hat, we'd probably need at least a dozen (and then some) to replicate every scene! lol

I'm loving the Fed Deluxe - really starting to mould itself to my head. :)

lookoutscj

New in Town
DSC00299.jpg
I'll have to say I like the look of the "Indy" hat itself; The one in both avatar and full size attachment is one of Steve Delk's fine creations. I got one of the very first gray ones he made a few years back and it may well be the finest hat I own including vintage (of which I granted only have a small (3) collection of) I realize this hat, historically speaking probably did not exist in the 30's, but boy, it sure does LOOK 30's to me!
Lookoutscj

JohnR

New in Town
Indy-inspired hat <<<< eyes left <<<<<

It's cotton, not felt, though. Dorfman Pacific Co. brand. Bought it at an Army/Navy Outdoor store, and they don't have 'em any more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo