Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Insomnia!

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
I haven't had insomnia for a few years, but it has been back for a few weeks. I've been looking up "dirt" on old friends on the internet and I found a friend from years ago that has since been diagnosed as schizophrenic. I'm now emailing all of our common friends to tell them that I wasn't the crazy one in all of those debates :p Seriously, he was a dear friend that I lost touch of and now I'll reach out and see how he's doing. I suppose it won't help my sleep thinking about him tonight.

Sorry if this sounds like a personal blog...not my intent.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm sorry to hear that Panamabob. I heard from an old school friend not long ago, a guy I knew well from kindergarten to the tenth grade. In high school, he was one of the guys who smoked a lot of pot, and continued to do so afterwards. He was saying a lot of weird things to me on the phone, really strange, paranoid things, and I realised that he has some serious issues that well could be schizophrenia.

He moved far away some years ago, and I hadn't spoken to him for five years before that day. It's so sad . . . I understand how you feel. Not everybody cares about 'long lost' friends in today's world; it shows what calibre of person you are that you do. I wish your friend relief from this awful affliction, and that he receives treatment that will greatly improve his condition.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
I've had terrible insominia off and on for years. I hate it.

How the heck did you find out your friend was schizophrenic on the internet? *worries about what people may be finding out about him*

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Since you know how

Robert, can you help me find that cheerleader I lost track of? ;)

I'm having a bad time of sleeping also. It comes and goes. Wake up, start thinking, and there's an end of it. Lately up worrying about a friend.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
This one was just stumbled upon. Follow the "logic":

1) Looking for Father Durkin, the priest who ran off with my teacher, Sister Susan.
2) Found Father Durkin as a pastor in the Orthodox Catholic Church, where it looks like the priest can be married.
3) Looked for a local Orthodox Catholic Church to find out some more information.
4) Saw that my buddy was the treasurer for a local Orthodox Church.
5) Did a local search on him and the Minutes from a local judgment on the closing of a group home. Another local appeal by court over some of the Medicare/Medicaid issues, the mentioning of his own mental illness by name and the mention of some friend's of his who have trouble paying for their medication.
6) A news article with photo verifying him as a speaker at the hearing.

Nothing clandestine or Psycho Sicko! HA HA.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
This one was just stumbled upon. Follow the "logic":

1) Looking for Father Durkin, the priest who ran off with my teacher, Sister Susan.
2) Found Father Durkin as a pastor in the Orthodox Catholic Church, where it looks like the priest can be married.
3) Looked for a local Orthodox Catholic Church to find out some more information.
4) Saw that my buddy was the treasurer for a local Orthodox Church.
5) Did a local search on him and the Minutes from a local judgment on the closing of a group home. Another local appeal by court over some of the Medicare/Medicaid issues, the mentioning of his own mental illness by name and the mention of some friend's of his who have trouble paying for their medication.
6) A news article with photo verifying him as a speaker at the hearing.

Holy Jim Rockford!! :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass