Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interested in a MK Falcon?

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
mybird.jpg

I am not saying saying that I am doing a run, so don't get excited. I am just testing the waters so to speak.

IF I were doing another limited run.....and the dingus were $200 + shipping.....who would be in?

For those who showed up to the party late and are wondering what all the hub-bub is about....:

http://www.thegoldenera.net/Falcon.html

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
MK said:
I am just testing the waters so to speak.

Waters? You're talking about drooling, ahntcha? So, they're broadcasting the first warnings to clear basements…

(Though $200 isn't for everybody, justified as it may be.)

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't think I'd be able to resist, MK. But give us enough lead time to pull the funds together. (Or is this the lead time?!)

A. G. Geiger

New in Town
OK This sounds very interesting. I have some questions though. Will this run be of the polyurethane falcons or made of lead shot. How are they painted. My falcon was purchased from a Burbank bookstore in 1995 for $32. It was said to be made of the original mold. It is plaster and is pained glossy black. It looks just like the one on your golden era site. The other ones I have seen have a flatter coat of paint and more blurred details. I assumed they were being cast from a more burned out mold or a copy of a copy.
Thanks,
A. G. Geiger

griffer

Practically Family
there was a great thread on here that i can't find, comparing the various version of the dingus- from both The Maltese Falcon and The Balck Bird.

But, MK's is an original sculpture recreated from screeen shots, not a recast from a dummy or other copy with questionable providence.

a little help?

griffer

Practically Family
Yup, I did that, and there is a thread cross referenced in many Dingus thread, but the link is bad.

The way the llink is referred to made me think it was the definitive one.

Oh well.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Falcon & a connection to the Blck Dahlia murder

The Golden Era said:
It seems that the history of this falcon is almost as mysterious and sorted as the movie itself.

Slightly :eek:fftopic:

More sorted than any of us might've imagined! I found this yesterday: In the book Black Dahlia Avenger by former LAPD Detective Steve Hodel, Hodel makes the case that his father killed the Black Dahlia. We don't have space for the details, but Dr. George Hodel was a brilliant, cold man, with medical training, a womanizer and an art lover. He lived in a strange house - like a Mayan temple inside, like a fortress from the outside - designed by Lloyd Wright, the son of Frank Lloyd Wright. He knew artists living in LA such as Man Ray and Billy Copley. He had married Dorothy Huston, who had been married to John Huston, the film director. And Hodel and Huston had remained friends.

George Hodel was not a nice man. A time came in the Forties when he and Fred Sexton - the man who made the falcon statuette for Huston's film The Maltese Falcon - were accused of sexually assaulting George's 14-year-old daughter, Tamar. They were cleared in court because a lawyer made a cruel case that Tamar was a disturbed liar. Tamar is still alive and she insists she told the truth. Even though he was cleared, there was heat on George Hodel. The police were watching him and recording his calls. There's one where he makes a sardonic remark to the effect that; well, what if he did kill the Black Dahlia, no one could prove it because George's secretary was dead, too. She was murdered, said to be poisoned. George left town. He went to Asia for decades, dying there.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
*starts digging in the couch for spare change*

In! ...I think...

(I'd want one infused with lead shot, as well)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21