Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introducing "Bwana"

Michaelson

One Too Many
I think they're just putting anything in a subject title to snag as many folks working the 'search' function as they possibly can, related or not! I see this done a lot in pocketwatch auctions. :rolleyes: Regards! Michaelson

Michaelson said:
I think they're just putting anything in a subject title to snag as many folks working the 'search' function as they possibly can, related or not! I see this done a lot in pocketwatch auctions. :rolleyes: Regards! Michaelson

Yeah, does "Railroad Watch" ring a bell?
Gee, Fed, that hat would be fine if it was about ten sizes larger. :p

Regards to all,

J

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Nice hat!! Too, too small.

Why is it all the neatest hats on ebay, and the coolest cowboy boots (which I have also collected) are always the twinkie sizes. I am a hat size 7 1/8 and do find lots of things in my size (and also lots of competition), but drool over some of those things small sizes.

In boots, I have wide feet and can wear a man's 8, but prefer a woman's 9 wide, which I rarely find. The size 8 is fine, but I see the most beautiful boots in women's size 5 or 6. Tiny, tiny feet. I didn't even wear that size in junior high school.

I really feel for CanadaDave and James and you fellows who have to search for the big hats. I worked with a big guy named Bob back in 1992 who was a size 8. He loved hats and declared he'd wear them if he could find them. He couldn't. When he left his job, I found his size in a place called The Irish Store, found a size 8 in one of those Irish gentleman's hat. Bought it for him and, when he tried it on, it fit perfectly.

I swear, if I ever find a vintage fur felt hat here in a BIG size, I am going to buy it and then contact all you fellows.

karol

karol

dopey

One of the Regulars
Maybe I can help, KD

As part of my "research" project, I have been collecting vintage hats on e-bay to learn about felts. I have found that 7 and one eighth is really too big for me and I may have some to get rid of when I am done.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
HI Everyone!!!
Just returned from the great northwest last night after 3 weeks of timber cutting and fence building. :)
MD, welcome back!! I'll get back on the project as soon as I can. I clearly have more to learn with the pugaree's so that will be on the agenda when I can look in the hat direction again. The timetable might be a bit off as I am encountering some of the worst beauracracy snafoos as far as the building on my land goes. Seems that one department of the local government won't speak to or is linked to the others computers and have no interest in doing so. It seems that i now have to appear in person to the records department, BUY a copy of a recorded document concerning the property, then walk it across the hall to another dept. and present it JUST to get an address assigned. wow...it's in their records but won't look it up as it's not their job. Jeeze...this is going to be fun)

Art Fawcett said:
Seems that one department of the local government won't speak to or is linked to the others computers and have no interest in doing so. It seems that i now have to appear in person to the records department, BUY a copy of a recorded document concerning the property, then walk it across the hall to another dept. and present it JUST to get an address assigned. wow...it's in their records but won't look it up as it's not their job. Jeeze...this is going to be fun)

I just got back from a local City Council meeting. They spent nearly three hours on one issue---a small development next to a freeway. They have been trying to get it built for two years now and not a stick of lumber has went up so far. I think you have it easy walking it across the hall. :p
That does not mean it is not stupid though. The damned bureaucracies get their territorial imperatives all twisted when you ask them to cooperate. I see a new career for you in politics up there. :p ;)

Regards to all,

J

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Time to resurrect a very old, and thought to be dead thread.

“Secrets of the Incas” copyrights has been lifted so I started watching it last night on Youtube.

Reminded me of this crazy thread about the double brimmed safari hat. Does anyone make them still? Has Art made anymore then that one? Inquiring minds want to know. It is a very distinctive style of hat.

Johnny

BlueTrain

Call Me a Cab
Double-brimmed Gurkha hats are available, if that's close enough, direct from Nepal. I'm considering ordering one myself but I'm afraid of getting the wrong size.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Time to resurrect a very old, and thought to be dead thread.

“Secrets of the Incas” copyrights has been lifted so I started watching it last night on Youtube.

Reminded me of this crazy thread about the double brimmed safari hat. Does anyone make them still? Has Art made anymore then that one? Inquiring minds want to know. It is a very distinctive style of hat.

Johnny

I only built 2 Johnny. It doesn't seem to be in demand, but an interesting hat.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit