Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction

Hugh Beaumont

One of the Regulars
I don't know if this is the right forum for an introduction but I'll post here anyway.

I've known about The Fedora Lounge for quite awhile being an Indiana Jones fan, so I decided it's time to join.

Like most of you, I am a member of the "born in the wrong era" club and love the classic stylings of yesteryear, my favorite era being the mid-50's to early 60's.

I love anything 50's and have been collecting high-end 1950's rockabilly and RnR shirts for about 20 years, with over a hundred in my collection, most of which I wear on a daily basis.

As I grow older (I'm 43) and as my hair gets more gray, I am making the transition from greaser to classic 50's dad, thus the reason for my screen name (and yes, I love "Leave it to Beaver")!

I've worked in the film and video industry for over 20 years in Hawaii, Los Angeles and Las Vegas and recently retired to my grandfathers house in the countryside of Indiana. I am a cartoonist/illustrator by birth and am shifting gears into that.

Looking forward to chatting with all of you!

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Welcome to the FL! It sounds like you'll fit right in with the rest of us "weirdos";) . I know what you mean about changing style:I'm 42 now and also a parent. I can't really feel too comfortable wearing vintage made originally for someone in their 20s. I just ordered my first three piece suit...:rolleyes:

Doh!

One Too Many
Hugh, I love your avatar -- and screen name! If you look at the early episodes of Beaver, Mr. Beaumont was actually quite the gifted comedian. His delivery was wry, but truly very funny.

(Welcome!)

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
Doh! said:
Hugh, I love your avatar -- and screen name! If you look at the early episodes of Beaver, Mr. Beaumont was actually quite the gifted comedian. His delivery was wry, but truly very funny.
Welcome Hugh,
The early episodes of "Leave It To Beaver" are currently airing on Nickelodeon.
Hugh Beaumont was the best in those episodes. I always wished my dad was like Ward Cleaver. Unfortunately he was more like Herbert Anderson ........ Henry Mitchell from Dennis The Menace!

I see that you "love eveything 50's", Hugh. Do you bowl? Do you have any turquoise and black bowling shirts? I'm a big time bowler and when the members of my league play they are decked out in authentic 50's style attire. And we also make sure the Jukebox is blasting 50's RnR!! I wish we could find a decent vintage burger or malt shop to chow down in after our games. We have to settle for a nearby diner.

Hugh Beaumont

One of the Regulars
Thanks everyone!

Prairie Dog said:
Welcome Hugh,
I see that you "love eveything 50's", Hugh. Do you bowl? Do you have any turquoise and black bowling shirts? I'm a big time bowler and when the members of my league play they are decked out in authentic 50's style attire. And we also make sure the Jukebox is blasting 50's RnR!! I wish we could find a decent vintage burger or malt shop to chow down in after our games. We have to settle for a nearby diner.

Yes, I love bowling and since moving from Hawaii, and not being able to work in my profession (film industry), I am bar manager at a new Hawaiian themed entertainment center that includes 32 lanes of bowling!

I do own dozens of vintage rayon gabardine bowling shirts and wear them daily (but not to work).

settle for a nearby diner

Man, I love diners. I am one of those diner afficianados. I would rather spend my money at a local diner than any burger joint (unless it's In-N-Out Burger)!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari