Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Iron Heart cotton duck type III jacket.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Speaking of IH jeans, I think only model they are offering that comes as high as your bellybutton is 1955S. I have several their jeans, though most of them are variations of 634 and d Beatle busters, and they sit on the hip. BB's are nicer for riding a MC as their backrise is a bit higher...
So, as it's been said, measure your fav jeans and compare to their sizing and search between diff. models.

I don't know man, i have already compared measurements with all their range and nothing is even close to what i would feel comfortable with!
The beatle buster for example has an extra inch rear rise and an extra 1.8" at the front compared to what i wear...
That's a pretty sizable difference.

If i am going to pay the price of 4 pairs of jeans for a single one, they better be a fit i like!

HighandDry

A-List Customer
My IH jeans don't get much wear. For me, it's more of the leg/hip cut. More of a stovetop leg which I really don't like. The cut I have is the 634. Probably should have gone with the slim cut.

Plus the IH bleed denim like no other pair I've had. Indigo everywhere.

injunjack

One of the Regulars
out of curiosity what is the front and rear rise of those jeans which sit 5" below bellybuton?

(trying to determine wheather you have really different build body than mine or you wear hippy ultralow rise jeans) ;-)

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
out of curiosity what is the front and rear rise of those jeans which sit 5" below bellybuton?

(trying to determine wheather you have really different build body than mine or you wear hippy ultralow rise jeans) ;-)

14" in the back, 10" in the front, on a labelled size 32W34L the waist band is actually 34".
I am not sure you could call them hippy ultralow rise jeans) ;-), yes they are low rise, but they aren't the "shat your pants" low rise skinny jeans, they are straight leg, work great with boots which is the only thing i wear, and work with my body type.

Here is a pic i send to jacket makers so they can visualize how much jackets need tapering, my belly button is pretty much at the 32" line, maybe a tad lower.

Body_zps8b012fcc.jpg

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Ok, this pic clears things a lot. And you and I are totally differently built. ;-) (if I'd wear jeans that sit 5" below my bb, I'd be showing some serious pubic hair LOL)

Just suggesting, these might work for you...http://www.ironheart.co.uk/bottoms/ih-666s-19l.html only half inch higher rise. see size 34

Sorry about total OT

Thanks for the suggestion, might give them a try at some point!
It's weird though, because even though the measurements match, they really look highrise when you see them worn by Gilles !

No worries about the OT

Sonero

Practically Family
Has anyone figured out Iron Heart's jacket sizing without their tedious way of measuring ? Are their jackets too small for a 220 lb 5' 10 1/2 man ? It seems to me that one should go up a size due to the thickness of the denim....21 oz.

I hate when companies tell you to measure another jacket....that is a completely different build all together. Like my golf windbreaker will give me good measurements for a denim jacket fit :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner