Iron Heart Deerskin Shirt

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Monitor, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Monitor

Monitor

Well IH just made me want to spend $1500 which is how much this thing is going to cost.

Seriously, though. It's perfect.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Absolutely love this with all my heart. But I ain't paying $1.5K to play Marlboro man on the weekend.

3. VestCoast

VestCoast One of the Regulars

With you on this one. An unlined deerskin western seems like an easy wearer but I don't see why this costs the same as full on IH leather jackets.

4. MrProper

MrProper One of the Regulars

I think, specially tanned deerskin is expensive.
    My deerskin trousers costs 1000 EUR. And this is a cheap one.
    35619DDD-3EF3-465C-AC37-C98C0ACC007F.jpeg C756BB9B-DB3E-46DE-85A8-8E6E59553224.jpeg

5. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

The IH shirt is actually goat, not deer. Either way they created something very cool but priced at apparent cult status only sale point. I love IH. Not that much.

Lebowski likes this.
  6. navetsea

navetsea My Mail is Forwarded Here

I think the answer of what would happen in far future of this ever expanding universe can be examined in a smaller scale here, action figure toys price hike is another example:(, how far this will go and what is the end, most likely we can find out the answer in our lifetime:).

7. Graemsay

Graemsay Practically Family

The Iron Heart shirt is deerskin, from a small tannery in Germany. The leather is reassuringly expensive.

The goatskin shirt was by SFK Faith & Co, and looked lovely. It got pulled shortly before release, I don't know if it'll show up eventually.

8. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

I still can't get into leather shirts personally. That may partly be because I can't stand untucked shirts...

Mil, El Marro, Lebowski and 1 other person like this.
  9. Hide'n'seek

Hide'n'seek One of the Regulars

This shirt was made by Aero ........zoom in on the press studs.

10. Lebowski

Lebowski Practically Family

Looks to be overpriced, I mean this IH shirt looks interesting but it doesn't look on par with works from Himel, GW, RMC etc. to justify its 1.5K price. I'm with Ton's point on that.

11. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

I like nothing about this, neither pattern nor design elements nor the rough out hide. At this price point, you may want to pick up a real leather jacket instead which will look better and see much more wear than this. German deerskin is expensive, sure, but this is a rough-out shirt, you wouldn't tell the difference from cheap splithide and nor will anyone seeing you wear this.

HoosierDaddy, tmitchell59 and steve u like this.
  12. John D Maccarter

John D Maccarter Practically Family

What! Thats sick , love it, loveit,love it, but 1500, ouch thats a jacket

El Marro likes this.
  13. jonbuilder

jonbuilder One Too Many

I have this shirt incoming $40 s-l1600.jpg

14. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

Like it a lot but $1500 ??? Maybe for someone who has the jacket category checked off and has extra cash lying around waiting to be spent.

15. Monitor

Monitor

While I'll often be the first to whine about the amount of money these things cost, I think we're way past any point where complaining about whether or not a certain piece is actually worth it.

It costs a lot, sure, but I don't see how it could cost any less?
    If this leather truly is of such quality and considering it's being made by Aero Leathers for Iron Heart, both highest end brands in their own right, there's nothing wrong with the price.

Also, technically, this is a jacket. At least as much of a jacket as a Type-3. I'm sure this shirt requires the same amount of work as any leather jacket on the market.

So, I dunno... I look at this as yet another piece to drool over that I won't ever be able to afford. And I think it'd look absolutely killer under a denim jacket.

16. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

My thoughts exactly! I think it is a beautiful shirt but I thought about me wearing it for a minute and realized that it would look simply god awful tucked into a pair of jeans. Always happy when I find a reason not to want the most expensive thing in the room.

17. Harris HTM

Harris HTM Practically Family

Is this specific leather of such extravagant quality that the final jacket (and not the raw material) costs almost twice as much as the rest of the Aero's?
    Edit: I just checked, the Aero version of the leather shirt (agree, on a cheaper leather) costs 490 pounds, less than 650S.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    Monitor likes this.
  18. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Looks like I'll be playing marlboro man after all....but for a fraction of the cost:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Can't stand a shirttail sloppily hanging out beneath a jacket. Never looks cool IMO ( although it's the fad now ). Plus everything clings to roughout suede no matter how premium expensive quality the sales pitch.
    HD

20. Hide'n'seek

Hide'n'seek One of the Regulars

Just to clarify, Aero will not be making this shirt if Iron Heart are re-releashing it. The shirt in the photo Aero made around 8 or 9 years ago. ( shirt also started life black, the current photos are after 9 years hard wear)

Edward, willyto, Monitor and 3 others like this.