Iron Heart Deerskin Shirt

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Monitor, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Harris HTM

Harris HTM Practically Family

It is good that you clarified this, then probably these jackets originally were sold at a different price. I thought the jacket was new and sold by IH, apologies for any inconvenience.

2. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Would Aero be warm to making one of these in goat suede for a particularly rugged and loyal customer from Chicago as a custom piece? Asking for a friend.

3. Monitor

Monitor

I'm mostly at fault here then. I stumbled upon this shirt yesterday in the IH's announcements thread... https://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=8825.msg622558#msg622558 ...and I automatically assumed it's what the final product will look like. Giles speculates on the price further in the thread.

So the ACTUAL IH deerskin shirt will be black, not worn out like that, it won't be made by Aero and it will cost around $1500.

Lol!

Honestly, though, I think this shirt, exactly like in the photos, would be a hit. Not on TFL perhaps but I think Aero would have their hands full with preorders.

El Marro, Harris HTM and ton312 like this.
  4. Héctor Fernández

Héctor Fernández One Too Many

I enjoy my marriage too much to sleep outside over a shirt, lol....No thanks, not my style.

dannyk and Harris HTM like this.
  5. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

26" length, fully lined in red sateen or silk...and my type III's would be sweating bullets.

El Marro and Monitor like this.
  6. dannyk

dannyk Practically Family

Theres a "Golden Oak Suede" shirt thats been on the Lost Worlds sale page for ages. In very small sizes which are perfect for me 34 and 36. 10 years old leftover from a Japanese maker who ordered them. Original retail was 675, going for 275. I think I once saw it down to 250 actually. It would be my only "cowboy" shirt. My fiance Hates capital H hates it. I havent reached the its worth sleeping outside for a week stage yet. But man I look at it often! haha

Héctor Fernández likes this.
  7. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

I actually like this better anyway. That jacket looks damn cool.

ton312 and Carlos840 like this.
  8. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

And 1/15th the cost! Hopefully it doesn't smell like the Marlboro man!

dudewuttheheck likes this.
  9. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

Now that's a solid deal, even if it does smell like Marlboro man :D

ton312 likes this.
  10. Graemsay

Graemsay Practically Family

Indigofera offer their Austin, Copeland, and Eagle Rising shirts in leather. Prices range from about $600 to $900 (US), depending on the style.

Indigofera Copeland.jpg

The runs tend to be fairly small, so you might be out of luck in getting one. Indigofera's sizing is on the generous side because they're big, hairy Vikings! :D

steve u likes this.
  11. breezer

breezer Practically Family

no, no and no.

12. Edward

Edward Bartender

I'm in a similar position. This looks more like a sort of overshirt than a regular shirt made from leather, but it still has the 'untucked shirt' look which isn't my aesthetic. Could be interesting if it were shorter, cut morel ike a jacket on bottom. That said, I do have a couple of Winter shirt-jackets that are this length, but somehow the lining, and - crucially - hip pockets draw it away from "untucked shirt" to my eye. Not necessarily rational, but if clothing design was wholly rational, we'd all be wearing the same, one-piece boiler suit everywhere by now...

dudewuttheheck likes this.
  13. MrProper

MrProper One of the Regulars

If I could have it with my measures, I would buy it. Deerskin tanned in this way wears fantastic.

Boyo likes this.
  14. Monitor

Monitor

These do look great!

15. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

The key to a leather shirt is the length. It can’t fit like a traditional button down. Just as Edward said. Needs to be shorter. 26” back length at most.

16. MrProper

MrProper One of the Regulars

depends on your height. 26" is a short jacket for me ;)
    29,5“ would be nice

17. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

No IH tops/outwear fit me well.. so this one gets filed away with all the Buzz Ricksons and Real McCoys stuff that I love but cant wear..

18. Tusche

Tusche New in Town

A5094997-047F-464E-AA7A-97E270D02BB9.jpeg A couple of years ago I saw the shirt live at a Party in Cologne the owner of IH wearing it.
    IMO a really cool shirt.

El Marro likes this.