Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

IRON MAN

Beowulf67

One of the Regulars
I saw it Wednesday. LOVE IT! Robert Downey, Jr. is perfect as Tony Stark.

And as someone else said, stay around until after the credits.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Excellent movie but might be a bit rough for the kiddies. Tony Stark drinks, has "relations" with a pretty reporter, and the final fight between Iron Man and Iron Monger is intense.

The vintage connection is that Stan Lee and his co-creators of Iron Man based Tony Stark on Howard Hughes.

EXCELSIOR!

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I saw it last week. I must say I've hardly been one for movies based on comic books. (I've seen maybe two of the Batman movies, and non of the Spider Man Movies) but I must say that Iron Man was quite enjoyable. I always enjoy watching Downey Jr. in movies; his acting skills are quite unique and fun.

The comedic relief (such as Stark's relations with his robotic arms) is cute and adds to the fun.

I also found Jeff Bridges' performance as Stark's nemesis to be very convincing and well played.

It's a good movie. Those who haven't seen it would probably have fun with it.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
An excellent 126min of fun, fantastic, fantasy! Downey carries the show (and Pepper Potts ain't to bad her own self!)

Of course, I've got all the photos; shall I post 'em?

-dixon cannon

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Hot Rod Red...

I'm not a hugh fan of comic book movies but I have to say this movie was awesome!! :eusa_clap

Robert Downey jr was amazing and ya just gotta love the 32 roadster with the flathead!!!:D

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
I saw Iron Man today, and I'm giving it two thumbs up!

Many will knock Iron Man for being a competent, fun but fairly familiar superhero film; considering how many superhero films are neither competent nor fun, that airy dismissal actually seems like high praise. Cineastes with four-star palates will sniff and sneer at the very idea of a well-made summertime snack like Iron Man -- Must Hollywood give us these dreary power fantasies? What a love-letter to the military-industrial complex! -- but those of us who live in the real world accept that as long as action-franchise films are profitable, we're going to have them, and if we're going to have them, then we can only hope that they're this well made.

Compared to the clanging, inhuman, idiotic Transformers or the dimwit drudgery of Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Iron Man is a true pleasure: It's smart, assured, funny, exciting, cast with actors who know that they're playing fairly well-established archetypes and decide to play around with them, not struggling with them like some unwieldy burden to be dragged to the bank. We get a set-up for a sequel in Iron Man, but that prospect's actually something you feel excited about; while Iron Man isn't perfect, it's so fun and good-natured and, yes, stylish that you want more. What makes Iron Man so enjoyable is that the movie's much like the high-tech hero it revolves around: Glossy and gleaming and brightly-colored, but still human inside.

ironmanposter2.jpg

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Josephine said:
I think I just ovulated. lol

I'd would KILL to see THAT on a movie poster or "proof of performance" commercial.

"A four star spectacular..."
- Alex Denby, The New Yorker

"Two Thumbs - Way up!!!!"
- Ebert & Roeper, At The Movies

"I just ovulated!"
- Josephine, The Fedora Lounge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy