Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is it ok to negotiate and/or offer less than the listed price? What qualifies as a low ball offer?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
You know what I don't get are potential buyers asking for MY body measurements and fit pics. Unless we have the EXACT same body, what's the point?? I had one clown that kept asking for more and more pics of me wearing the jacket. He ended up not buying, he said because I wouldn't provide a back shot of me with the jacket on. I didn't have anyone to shoot it LOL. I was taking mirror shots of myself with the jacket on for him, and wasn't able to do a good back shot in the mirror. Total time-wasting weirdo jackass
when you buy online, many time they write the model's body size and the size he is wearing, to give a comparison, if that size fitting that model like that, on me it would be a little baggier, etc. I can understand, mobilephone tripod and blue tooth remote clicker is very cheap and very useful for WJDYWT and sale purpose :)

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
when you buy online, many time they write the model's body size and the size he is wearing, to give a comparison, if that size fitting that model like that, on me it would be a little baggier, etc. I can understand, mobilephone tripod and blue tooth remote clicker is very cheap and very useful for WJDYWT and sale purpose :)

Dude, I'm not in the business of selling jackets. I sell one of mine off every now and then (at a loss). I'm not going out and buying a bunch of photo gear to do that LOL

Kirk Stevenson

New in Town
Obviously this has become a popular topic. I like the thoughtful way the op has posed his question. I often have cars for sale and encounter all sorts of people with all sorts of offers. I do think that it is courtesy to ask first if they are open to offers. However if a potential buyers first question is what is the lowest I will go for the said item I usually disregard them completely. However if the potential buyer has made a effort to view the item. With cars it is usually in person, though with jackets a little harder. If they have made a effort to understand the condition of the item and can make a offer with validation on why they feel that a price reduction is reasonable or justified I will absolutely consider the offer. Always remember it is the sellers right to say yes or no. No one is making you sell it for lower than what you think it is worth.
So in short. Of course make a lower offer, just don't be a dick about it.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
just don't be a dick about it.

I try to do that, both in private and in business. Yet, I frequently receive feedback that I fail.
It’s vital to do „it the right way“. Still people’s perception will be different, based on how they are wired.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I don’t have much to add to what’s already been said.

I’ve not sold a leather jacket here or elsewhere, but I have sold a few watches in my day. My approach is simple:

1. My asking price is always what I’m prepared to sell the item at, and I make that clear in the post.

2. I expect low ball offers, and they don’t offend me.

3. I generally price the item at below what similar items have sold for, for a quicker sale.

Last edited:

Colin G

One Too Many
I'm with you 100% on this. It's business and completely normal and expected. It's funny to me how some people take offense to that. You shouldn't be doing business if you can't handle these kinds of things.

Agree %100.

No one is putting a gun to the head of the seller. Accept the offer or don't and move on. I have received unreasonable low offers but I just say no and if offers and the BS persists I block the member from getting ahold of me in the future. I am jot getting wrapped up in 2 pages of PM's about nothing.

To the buyers, buy the shit or don't and quit wasting people's time if you have no intention to buy.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB