Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is there something you really want to wear but are chicken?

Brooksie

One Too Many
I can't really think of anything I would be to chicken to wear plus I live in Portland, Oregon and our city's moto is "Keep Portland Weird" - I have worn somethings that have been a little different now and again and I will hardly even get a glance.

Dewhurst

Practically Family
I could have sworn there was something. But now that I think about it (and I have been thinking for the past 20 mintues), I've got nothin' goin'.

I wear everything I want too, even when other people think it is outdated or strange.

Promise, I must, to think about this more.

Talbot

One Too Many
[QUOTE="Skeet" McD]

He's built about the same; he's roughly the same age; and I, for one, think he looks first-rate. So, now my perceptions have changed (I still have to wonder where the money might come from, so you aren't liable to see a picture any time soon...but I promise, if it ever happens, you will).

"Skeet"[/QUOTE]

Skeet, I picked up a recent manufacture surplus servicemens A2 at auction for very little money (change out of $65), and while its not an Eastman (its goatskin), I take comfort in knowing it was worn in the line of duty.

As to physique, I'm in great shape. The shape is round.

Treat yourself - you're going to look sharp and feel great

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
Talbot said:
Skeet, I picked up a recent manufacture surplus servicemens A2 at auction for very little money (change out of $65), and while its not an Eastman (its goatskin), I take comfort in knowing it was worn in the line of duty.

As to physique, I'm in great shape. The shape is round.

Treat yourself - you're going to look sharp and feel great

Hey, Talbot: thanks for the encouragement, and congratulations on your good luck. Send some this way, OK? ;)

Cheers, from a happy little Vegemite,
"Skeet"

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
The Shirt said:
I have a single leopard item - a 60s swing coat. I barely will put it on now because it feels costumey most days. So I think I understand PSG. At 37 I think I am too old for it. But when I have a good hair day, my skin is clear and I am feeling like "screw the world", I will put it on. I try to remind myself how hot I think Mrs. Robinson is and channel that.
:eusa_clap You go girl!
As for the dress, take her out dancing! She's just begging to swirl.

Talbot

One Too Many
Skeet....

I pop a VB in your general direction and salute you!

Also, I was further encouraged to learn that there must have been guys my shape in the line of duty;)

Talbot

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
It used to be my watch and chain...but I've gotten over that now, and wear it regularly, with pride.

I think it would be one of those big, black trenchcoats/overcoats (is there a difference?) I saw my brother wearing his one day, and reckoned I should get one like it (sometimes a regular winter coat just ISN'T enough, y'know?), So I went out and bought one.

I haven't worn it yet. Winter is coming on pretty strongly here at the moment, so I may get the chance soon, but I do feel a BIT self-conscious wearing it, especially since I'm not a particularly tall person. I'm 5'6", my brother is 6'1".

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Foofoogal said:
not nice carlisle. :mad:

No you are not I am just quoting you....I mean I think very highly of you.
icon14.gif
I am sorry I will try not to quote you anymore.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Got a Irvin Jacket. RAF 1936 Pattern Flyingboots. The white RAF/Navy pullover. A RAF BD jacket and an officers cap (WWII).
I never ever wear it all at one time. Would be wrong and I would feel wrong.

The Irvin and the boots in wintertime is great. So is the pullover.

The BD jacket is nice and warm in spring and fall. Might even throw the pullover under - or the boots, but then again - no pullover.

And the officers cap - well, it just lies there on the shelf. Except for photos for the lounge.lol

Foofoogal

Banned
I am not sure why I cannot bring myself either to wear leopard or animal print but I also think ladies that wear it look first rate. I also don't think badly of anyone and it is a look I admire. It may be even if I would wear it I would go overboard. For now I live vicariously thru my friend. She gets great leopard stuff from me.
Maybe one day I will jump in the pool.

do you see fool anywhere in there? Back to the OP topic anyway. :rolleyes:

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Foofoogal said:
I think I am understanding you.

BTW: I think any man looks great in any leather jacket or a sweater. I am a fool for both. Throw on some good smellin cologne and you are good to go..

I am not sure why I cannot bring myself either to wear leopard or animal print but I also think ladies that wear it look first rate. I also don't think badly of anyone and it is a look I admire. It may be even if I would wear it I would go overboard. For now I live vicariously thru my friend. She gets great leopard stuff from me.
Maybe one day I will jump in the pool. :D

:eek:fftopic: I do here ....but no more please let me up from the mat. :kick: I have paid my debt...I have made my amends. :eek: :cheers1:

GranadaGuy617 said:
Hey I got a zoot suit!
Lucky you! I'd love to have one, but I'd probably never wear it, because I'd be too chicken. I'd have been so verbally abused before I even left my haus that I'd have no self-esteem to try to do it in public.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
I have a bright bright bright pink late 60's sundress that I'm terrified to wear in public. I wore it to the library one morning and felt so glared-at that I had to go home and change.

Also I'm worried that it violently clashes with my red hair.

Don't worry about the style-unconscious around you glaring--they hated my suits (ca. 1965, by Alexandre of London, conservatively-cut and charcoal-color) when I was your age too. Frankly, with your sense on putting things together I can't imagine it not looking spiffy;) with the right accessories. (Excuse the pun, please, I couldn't resist.:D )

----------------
Now playing: Steve Jablonsky - Scorponok
via FoxyTunes

Macheath

One of the Regulars
Spiffy said:
I have a bright bright bright pink late 60's sundress that I'm terrified to wear in public.

I wore it to the library one morning and felt so glared-at that I had to go home and change.

Methinks we'll have to see exactly how "bright" this sundress is. :rolleyes:

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Shangas said:
It used to be my watch and chain...but I've gotten over that now, and wear it regularly, with pride.

I think it would be one of those big, black trenchcoats/overcoats (is there a difference?) I saw my brother wearing his one day, and reckoned I should get one like it (sometimes a regular winter coat just ISN'T enough, y'know?), So I went out and bought one.

I haven't worn it yet. Winter is coming on pretty strongly here at the moment, so I may get the chance soon, but I do feel a BIT self-conscious wearing it, especially since I'm not a particularly tall person. I'm 5'6", my brother is 6'1".
Wear it! You can't go wrong with trenchcoats/overcoats in winter. If the weather is cold enough people won't make stupid comments anyway as they will realise that you are just being sensible. Why else do all "Inspector Gadget" die down when I wear a trench coat and fedora in the rain?

Macheath

One of the Regulars
avedwards said:
If the weather is cold enough people won't make stupid comments anyway as they will realise that you are just being sensible. Why else do all "Inspector Gadget" die down when I wear a trench coat and fedora in the rain?

Sad thing is, I *still get Inspector Gadget comments (from my pop, mostly) even when it rains.

Shangas, I'm 5'6" as well, and I wear one when it's cold/raining. I don't think it's any less appropriate on me than it is on a chap that's 6 foot tall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn