Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is there too much grain on my new jacket?

dotflannel

New in Town
Hi all,

I just got in my new custom Aero! I noticed my jacket has a lot of grain. That's completely fine with me, and expected. But on some areas of the jacket, the grain is pretty raised up (not sure how else to phrase that). The aesthetics I'm totally fine with. I just don't know if this is "too much" and would crack too soon. I'd be happy to know it isn't! Thank you in advance for any help!
IMG_1796.jpg
IMG_1795.jpg

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Looks perfectly normal to me. Nothing I see there is a leather crack waiting to happen. Just uncorrected hide with its usual irregularities.

bvbellomo2

New in Town
Cracking and grain are two different things. The grain is on the surface, cracking deals with stiffness and flexibility (or lack thereof). Perfectly smooth cheap leather is that way because they sand it to remove the grain.

Hi all,

I just got in my new custom Aero! I noticed my jacket has a lot of grain. That's completely fine with me, and expected. But on some areas of the jacket, the grain is pretty raised up (not sure how else to phrase that). The aesthetics I'm totally fine with. I just don't know if this is "too much" and would crack too soon. I'd be happy to know it isn't! Thank you in advance for any help! View attachment 480137 View attachment 480138
That’s gorgeous.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Hi all,

I just got in my new custom Aero! I noticed my jacket has a lot of grain. That's completely fine with me, and expected. But on some areas of the jacket, the grain is pretty raised up (not sure how else to phrase that). The aesthetics I'm totally fine with. I just don't know if this is "too much" and would crack too soon. I'd be happy to know it isn't! Thank you in advance for any help! View attachment 480137 View attachment 480138
That's going to look awesome in six months, and then continue to be awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner