Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is Tom Cruise finished?

Rod Serling, 5'4"and to think he was a paratrooper during WWII!
rod-serling1.png
And he basically had to beg and use his charm to get that. Even back then, he was considered too small.

In my opinion Tom Cruise is an annoying , unpleasant, arrogant person .... if he was 7 feet tall he would still be a dwarf in my eyes. A spiritual dwarf.

That's what I meant.... I was referring to him only.

Yes, Cruise appears to have come under the influence of his buddy Church of Scientology head David Miscavige who's 5'4" and known for his violent temper. According to observers Cruise himself seems to have adopted many of Miscavige's personality traits.

Atomic Age

Practically Family
Okay.. okay... mebbe he's not in a state of rigor mortis.. but I still don't think he's a guaranteed "draw". As for the box-office figures... You left out the other shoe... how much did they cost to make AND how much was he paid to make em... You subtract one from the other then we'll see if'n he's finished or not. Not throwing stones jest askin'....

Worf

Jack Reacher cost $60 million (including Cruise' fee), made $216 million. Well in to the Black. This doesn't count video sales which typically more than double box office.

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol cost $145 to make, Made $694 million. Again well into the black before video sales.

Oblivion cost $120 million to make. Made $279 million before video. This is the only one that is even close to not making money. Its not a monster hit, but surely profitable.

Doug

Atomic Age

Practically Family
Perhaps the better question is "has Tom Cruise jumped the shark?" In other words, he might still draw viewers, but is he still as good as an actor as he once was, as far as being interesting and talented?

There's plenty of shows that jumped the shark once something happened, but still kept running and drawing viewers, even thought the viewers would often lament that that the "show just isn't as good anymore."

I think Cruise has always done a mix of quality films, and junk. Days of Thunder anyone?

Doug

Feraud

Bartender
Jack Reacher cost $60 million (including Cruise' fee), made $216 million. Well in to the Black. This doesn't count video sales which typically more than double box office.

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol cost $145 to make, Made $694 million. Again well into the black before video sales.

Oblivion cost $120 million to make. Made $279 million before video. This is the only one that is even close to not making money. Its not a monster hit, but surely profitable.

Doug
Money is the bottom line with these productions. I've never had the impression Tom Cruise is anywhere near washed up.
His action based performances are not something I go for but apparently a lot of people do!

Worf

I'll Lock Up

Doug

Welp ah guess that answer's my question he ain't done yet.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo