Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ISO 7 1/2 Lids

Jhoff_1979

One of the Regulars
Hello all,

I have searched high and low in antique shops, Ebay, Etsy, LetGo and OfferUp for size 7 1/2 fedoras and the pickings are very slim. The ones that do pop up are either in poor shape or poor quality. All of the good finds I see are in much smaller sizes. Is anybody looking to part with a 7 1/2 or 3? :-D

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I replied. :)
The 7 1/2 is not an easy find in something super clean on the internet but at times you can find a decent buy. I have had a ton of them at one point clean near new vintage...they seem to come and then go. I have one hat, western weight that is clean never worn purchased from the original owner. I was planning on having it converted due to how new looking it is, and the color..."crystal"...which is amazing! Nothing else like crystal color...it is all on it's own. I have had BOND cut brims and then redo the crown ribbon and add a edge trim to make the end result look like a true custom....he does amazing work for a very fair price.

The 7 1/2 is not an easy find in something super clean on the internet but at times you can find a decent buy. I have had a ton of them at one point clean near new vintage...they seem to come and then go. I have one hat, western weight that is clean never worn purchased from the original owner. I was planning on having it converted due to how new looking it is, and the color..."crystal"...which is amazing! Nothing else like crystal color...it is all on it's own. I have had BOND cut brims and then redo the crown ribbon and add a edge trim to make the end result look like a true custom....he does amazing work for a very fair price.
I have never heard of a felt colour "Crystal". How would you describe it?

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I have never heard of a felt colour "Crystal". How would you describe it?
Almost like water with a slight blue-sugar tint but so slight a color. It is drop dead beautiful. We have had maybe 300 or 400 hats come and many many go...and nothing nicer as a color. I'll put up some pictures to you....TOMORROW! Haha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner