Issue with William Lennon & Co

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Benny Holiday, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

I don't know if any other gents here have had issues with William Lennon & Co, but I ordered a pair of their 78PTC boots back on January 2 and was informed that my boots would take 8-10 weeks to make and send out. 14 weeks and 4 e-mails later, I've received only one reply from "Libs Slattery" stating that he/she would look into the order and let me know when the boots would be sent out. That was 3 weeks ago.

I tried calling them but so far have only been able to get a recorded message saying no one is available in the office. I'll try calling again tonight (which will be morning UK time) but i'm very disappointed with their customer service, or lack thereof, especially given the investment of, including shipping, $360 AUD on these boots.

2. Gav

Gav A-List Customer

They are a small factory as you probably know. I know lots of people who have happily bought from them and I have spoken to libs before.
    That doesn't help you of course but when you deal with small artisanal makers sometimes delays happen and email responses are slow.

3. Harris HTM

Harris HTM Practically Family

That is strange. I have ordered twice there, first time took indeed 8-10 weeks, second time I got my boots within 4-5 weeks. I always found communication with them running fine.
    Did you check their facebook page? Maybe there is some sort of update there.

4. devilish

devilish A-List Customer

I have tried on several occasions to contact them about making a purchase and never received a single reply. Not a word. Both from emails and phone calls. In the end I just gave up.

5. Harris HTM

Really? last time I contacted them and finally ordered was last September (2016).

6. samo

samo One of the Regulars

I ordered twice from them. They are some kind slow regarding email responses and waiting time was longer as projected, nevertheless they are very kind and their boots are top notch so I highly recommend them.:)

Harris HTM likes this.
  7. Harris HTM

Agree!

8. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Purchased a pair here too....great boots!!!!! :)

9. Benny Holiday

Thanks for your responses gents. There's not much I can do but be patient and wait, but your recommendations make me feel better about the purchase. I'll let you know once I get hold of them on the phone.

bn1966 likes this.
  10. Plumbline

Plumbline One Too Many

I've got 2 pairs of Lennons ( Sole Boots and Hill Boots) .... as many have said before they're a little slow but worth the wait ... and the boots are INDESTRUCTABLE ( these are boots Stu at Lost Worlds would advocate )

11. Benny Holiday

Haha right, that speaks volumes right there PL!

12. 01flhr

01flhr One of the Regulars

Im actually really curious as to what the heck a vegan boot is. Too bad i didnt see anything waterproof slip on. Definately a must in my life.

samo likes this.
  13. Edward

Edward Bartender

Same as a normal boot, but made out of a faux leather textile of some sort.

14. AdeeC

AdeeC Practically Family

There is a vegan shoe shop near where I live and they sell all kinds of faux leather shoes, boots and belts etc. Some vegan purists also shun products made of silk and wool. There is a growing consumer market for vegan goods aside from foodstuffs now. Not for me but each to his/her own. I do know a girl who is a vegan but there are limits to her devotion as she is a shoe tragic.

Edward likes this.
  15. lovegd

lovegd New in Town

I just dropped by

16. Peacoat

Peacoat I'll Lock Up

Some of the ones who shun wool products think that shearing the sheep kills them, sorta like taking the hide from a cow. I explain that only the wool is taken; the hide remains attached to the animal. They look at me with a blank expression. It may be that I won't even try in the future.

navetsea likes this.
  17. Benny Holiday

Got through to them on the phone, and the boots are completed and due to be shipped out. I appreciate all your responses and assurances guys.

ProteinNerd and Harris HTM like this.
  18. BobJ

BobJ Practically Family

Why?

19. belfastboy

belfastboy My Mail is Forwarded Here

I met a vegan woman the other day that won't eat honey as she considers it theft from the poor hard working worker bees. I did not dare argue, I just nodded in a cowards agreement.

tropicalbob and ButteMT61 like this.
  20. Peacoat

Peacoat I'll Lock Up

So she could up her message count in order to post photos or PMs or whatever on her section of choice--I doubt it is the Outerwear section.

BobJ likes this.