Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Issue with William Lennon & Co

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Some of the ones who shun wool products think that shearing the sheep kills them, sorta like taking the hide from a cow. I explain that only the wool is taken; the hide remains attached to the animal. They look at me with a blank expression. It may be that I won't even try in the future.
lack of protein shut down the brain, I've tried cutting down meat and eat greens and beans alone... feeling like a depressed zombie , so I adding back egg, corned beef, and milk into the meal:D

Peacoat

Bartender
I met a vegan woman the other day that won't eat honey as she considers it theft from the poor hard working worker bees. I did not dare argue, I just nodded in a cowards agreement.
Not a coward's agreement, but more a diplomatic resolution. These people cannot be reasoned with.

A friend of mine has bees. He has come across some of these types in the past. When he explains that, yes, he does take some of the honey, but they have over twice what they need for the winter, they are indignant. It doesn't matter that he provides the bees a place to make honey during the summer and a warm and safe place to hibernate over the winter, they are indignant that he would take any of the honey. He no longer tries to explain.

AdeeC

Practically Family
There was a Japanese Shogun in the Edo period known as the Dog Shogun. Not only did he love dogs but he banned the killing and eating of all animals and birds. One could be executed for being cruel to a dog or eating a bird. Apparently eating fish was OK because fish died naturally when taken out of the water thus were not actually physically killed.

Edward

Bartender
Some of the ones who shun wool products think that shearing the sheep kills them, sorta like taking the hide from a cow. I explain that only the wool is taken; the hide remains attached to the animal. They look at me with a blank expression. It may be that I won't even try in the future.

Possible some aren't aware, though equally it could just be they think we're mad to be using an animal product of any sort.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
:eek: they completely forget plants are also living being, they eat, they breathe, they grow, they reproduce, the only difference they can't flee nor scream when horrible thing done to them like being skinned or cut into thin slices, or tossed right into boiling pan fresh and alive :confused:

I tried dating a few vegetarians in the 80's when they got hard core here in LA.
Going ANYWHERE was such a pain in the ass that I finally caved and swore off veggie girls.
Nowadays, tis easier to find such food almost anywhere, but back then, it was hell. Hell not worth even the most fun of one-night stands... ;)

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I went Veggie in the early 90's to impress some Student Females..it worked but I couldn't keep it up for long...try eating a salad kebab after a night on the Beer! Not satisfactory! :)

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If someone wants to avoid eating meat, that's fine, what do I care what someone else eats BUT that's never it. They HAVE to try and convert you as well.

I dated a vegetarian ballerina for a few months. It was either go to vegetarian restaurants or sit through "the talk" at a regular restaurant.

Outside of food, she was pretty normal. It's a shame you have to eat every day lol. Even the obvious benefits of her being a Ballerina couldn't compensate for it eventually [emoji22]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy