Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's my birthday tomorrow!

shamus

Suspended
Let me be the first to wish you a happy 30th birthday!

I know I'm a bit early, but this way I won't forget.

shamus

Suspended
mysterygal said:
It's gonna have to be one of those 'it's the thought that counts' the birthday was on the 18th.....but Shamus....thanks! ;)

Ahhem... I did say 30th... not 29th....

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mysterygal said:
BTW: Mike, how long have you been living in the Seattle area? I loved it around there

Born & raised in Long Beach, CA. Moved to the Seattle area (between Renton & Maple Valley at Fairwood) in late summer 2004.

And have been to Mt. Vernon a few times - should be getting pretty close to Tulip Festival time, huhn? For those outside the area - hundreds of acres of tulips in bloom - as far as your eye can see. And about the same time each year, Puyallup (20 or so miles south of Seattle) has the Daffodil Festival.

I love it as well. The rain isn't nearly as much as people are lead to believe (New York, Miami, Honolulu and lots of other US cities get a lot more annually). We get some snow each year - usually lasts a day or two at most - enough to enjoy, but not enough that it's a problem. Great fall foliage. Great neighbors and a great neighborhood where I'm the area "Halloween nut." Christmas just seems more Christmas-y up here when you have to go out with hat & scarf & gloves to do shopping & visit friends, versus L.A. where I remember cousins showing up at Grandma's in cut-offs, tank tops & sandals.

And no, rumors that the official state flower being mildew are greatly exaggerated. But we do all know the term "sun break" and how it's used. You also learn the difference between "showers followed by rain" and "rain followed by showers." <grin> We do stand on street corners with nary a car in sight waiting for the signal to change to "walk" and you can sit a considerable time at a four way stop being overly polite with everyone motioning the other cars to go first. And you definitely don't feel overdressed wearing a suit in a restaurant here. Just like week, a friend was apologizing for her major faux pas of the day - "Oh my...brown gloves and purse, and a gray hat...you must think me color-blind." "Not a problem. I didn't notice and wouldn't have said anything had I." "That's because you were brought up right..." <Yes, we toss Steel Magnolia and other movie clips like crazy>

But there are times when I'm running around town...usually at night...drizzly...in downtown Seattle or by the Dinner Train in Renton (very 40's!) with a local 40's music show on the radio and it does seem very film noir and you do see men in fedoras and even the ocassional Homburg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL