Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's Spring. Show your Straw hats if you have 'em

If you had to pay British prices for your utility bills you would suddenly develop a fondness for the heat. There again I suppose that the raise in blood temperature after opening the envelope...........................
If there's one straw that beats all others it's this one from Belgium. Made by the fair lady's fair hand.
View attachment 116391

You NEVER fail to impress, sir!! Tina's handywork always puts you above and beyond, and the Phillips looks to be in super condition for being that old. Well done!!!!

View attachment 115590
Here is an old thread that deserves some resurrection Hopefully we can repopulate it with some images that won't drift off to Photobucket oblivion. Alan posted last in 2011. Oldie but a goodie. I submit a custom NW Hats Panama with an OSU Orange (ish) puggaree. Feels good to have a straw on my head before May 15th, makes me feel kind of rebellious.

View attachment 115591 View attachment 115592

Catching up a bit, here... YOU are absolutely WILD, wearing that straw this early.

Catching up a bit, here... YOU are absolutely WILD, wearing that straw this early.
I'm a wild and crazy guy!
wild and crazy guys.jpg

This is my new summer straw. My buddy, fellow Lounger and Stetson Rep, Jeff Dyer helped me on this hat. {thank you Brother!}
It is a Stetson Montagna... I really like it.
The crown, crease, brim and overall style is great!
Stetson ...you did good!

ksMdn1.jpg

The Montagna is a hard hat to find. I know it just came out, but the season is upon us. My normal retailer for Stetson (One 2 Mini Ranch) said they would not be carrying it. Kind of a bummer.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
You NEVER fail to impress, sir!! Tina's handywork always puts you above and beyond, and the Phillips looks to be in super condition for being that old. Well done!!!!
What a compliment, thank you. Esther got the colour and style of that particular straw exactly right. Tina made me a second pair of baggies, you don't get the full sense of their width in this forward pose, but they are the same style and size as the brown pair. What was needed to set it all off was a specific straw hat and yet again our Belgian milliner was up to the task. She got made it to the right style, colour and contrasting hat ribbon. I love it.
hats 070.jpg

Last edited:

RBH

Bartender
The weather here is predicted to climb into the mid-90°s Thursday and Friday. Already today we hit 80°F. There's no way I'm wearing a wool felt hat in sweltering heat. So...

My debut of my new Stetson Reward Shantung...

View attachment 116917 View attachment 116918
You guys are also helping me hone my selfie skills. Not that I ever wanted to before...

Looks great! I’m sure you’ll gets lots of use from that hat this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a compliment, thank you. Esther got the colour and style of that particular straw exactly right. Tina made me a second pair of baggies, you don't get the full sense of their width in this forward pose, but they are the same style and size as the brown pair. What was needed to set it all off was a specific straw hat and yet again our Belgian milliner was up to the task. She got made it to the right style, colour and contrasting hat ribbon. I love it.
View attachment 116912

You sir have the style I aspire to. You manage to dress vintage without it ever looking like a costume. I salute your verve!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana