Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's Spring. Show your Straw hats if you have 'em

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Very durable vintage beater. Keeps on ticking.

ff8d4eb0.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
You're out of piano.
Now what? :)
A baby grand might replace this by year's end now that we have more space. Then I'll go bankrupt filling it with Optimos and Worth & Worth straws. But, wait a second, I'm not buying more hats! Specially since I just acquired my holy grail. (;) zetwal)

Last edited:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Hey Ed,

Maybe we need to add a Coconut-straw Corral to that list!

There were a few coconuts added to this year's straw market. I was excited to see them making a comeback. There were neat old c-crowns and porkpies both out there, and they add a nice change of pace to the others.

Sam

It would be good to put them in their own thread to see the differences in Manufactors take on cocnut straw.

Speaking on straw hats. My wife likes HGtv who's wife doesn't and we watched last night episode of Selling New York and the client was a writer looking for a condo in the 1.7 million dollar range and He was wearing Panama Hats in the dead of winter in New York. I know its about style but thats about crazy.:)
Selling New York

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
A baby grand might replace this by year's end now that we have more space. Then I'll go bankrupt filling it with Optimos and Worth & Worth straws. But, wait a second, I'm not buying more hats! Specially since I just acquired my holy grail. (;) zetwal)

We look forward to seeing a pic of you nokabouting this weekend in your new vintage hat. I know it's really hot out right now, but a short stroll for the camera couldn't hurt. Or maybe just nokabouting at the piano ... ;)

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Here's some info on C.R.Anthony Co. stores, I remember them when I was a boy. It was one of my mothers favorite stores. The suit I wore to my graduation was from them. They were all over Texas and Oklahoma. NICE Milan BTW.I like the ribbon :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._R._Anthony_Co.

Kansas, too.
I remember C.R. Anthony ... and I remember when department stores ... even small ones ... had a decent collection of men's dress and casual hats ... especially straws.

Sam

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
We look forward to seeing a pic of you nokabouting this weekend in your new vintage hat. I know it's really hot out right now, but a short stroll for the camera couldn't hurt. Or maybe just nokabouting at the piano ... ;)
I'll wear it even if it's just to nokabout around the house!

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
This seemed as good a place as any.
Life, May 15, 1939
here's the text:
text.jpg
T

The price on the panama is noted to go as high as $600, and the one shown is $100. Click the link to view how fine the hat looks for $100.

straw1.jpg

straw2.jpg

straw3.jpg

straw4.jpg

straw5.jpg

straw6.jpg

Last edited:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
That's how I found it. We've got so little on leghorn around here that a little google was in order. I'll have to change my search parameters a bit. Almost everything that came up had to do with bonnets. I think a search of 1920 to 1960 with "leghorn", "hat", -poultry (it's quite a fowl problem) should do it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21