Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ivory VS

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Posted in the Art Fawcett Hall of Fame but lets face it, a new custom white fedora deserves its own thread.
On behalf of Art here is the Ivory 'Continental'
artdm.png

art2x.png

Two different ribbon treatments but both with a 5 3/8" European blocked crown and 3" ribbon bound brim. Neither are mine, I was just lucky enough to get a peek see:eusa_clap

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks for posting this Bart.
Gents, you are looking at the most difficult hat I have done and therefore the most expensive. It took 4 bodies to get it past inspection ( mine) and the hat was in the works for over a year. It's a collaboration with Analogist ( who else?) that we are calling the "Continental". It is meant to be European in design with more tapered crown & soft rolling crease.
I'm so glad you like it!!

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Art Fawcett said:
Thanks for posting this Bart.
Gents, you are looking at the most difficult hat I have done and therefore the most expensive. It took 4 bodies to get it past inspection ( mine) and the hat was in the works for over a year. It's a collaboration with Analogist ( who else?) that we are calling the "Continental". It is meant to be European in design with more tapered crown & soft rolling crease.
I'm so glad you like it!!

I hope we get to see a front and back view.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
WOW! Better than normal, if that's even possible, Art!!! :eusa_clap

P.S.--Is something like that eventually gonna be a Limited Edition? I hope so!

analogist

One of the Regulars
It is a very ivory white or a whitish ivory.

I plead guilty to both collaborating with Art on The Continental and owning the one with the purple ribbon with the "Trompe l'Oieil" treatment on the double chevron. My inspiration comes from the hat worn by the Pablo Neruda character in the film Il Postino. It is a much wider brim than I am accustomed to and a lower crown also. I do like the European flair and Art did a bang up job on the shape which has been on my mind for the last two years.

This Saturday is The Running for the Roses and I intend to inaugurate it as my wife and I have two seats. The Julep cups are polished, fresh mint will be picked from our herb garden, and bubbling Hot Brown sandwiches will be consumed. Please, if one of you would just remind me to dust off the screen on our Samsung, it will be that much better.

analogist

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21