Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J. Peterman Keeper's Tweed sport jacket

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
This jacket is another reason why I love J. Peterman. As GuyBrush stated earlier, the armholes are still cut too big, though the jacket looks fantastic and there is enough lining in the body to allow the action back to be functional. Ideally this jacket would have a skeleton lining... We need to start a letter campaign... J. Peterman has done the skeleton lining in other jackets and I feel with the skeleton lining and high cut armholes this jacket would be perfect.

A true sport jacket with a high button closure, leather shoulder patch to rest your rifle butt and elbow patches for when you are on the ground.

Very 1940's cut.

Thank you IndyanaGuyBrush for giving me the skinny on this jacket.

I'll try to get some better pics of the back in action.

1404_Keepers_Tweed_Blazer-vi.jpg

1404_Keepers_Tweed_Back-vi.jpg

Picture826-vi.jpg

Matt Deckard
Sittingonatuffet-vi.jpg

IndianaGuyBrush
Picture741-vi.jpg

Picture743-vi.jpg

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
That is pretty nice, though I'm not a big fan of patches....and I've never really worn a 4 button, though I don't necessarily object to them. Very nice over all :D

That reminds me, my brother used to be a gamekeeper. All his keeper type tweed clothing is, i'm sure still sitting around idle in the house back in the old country. I must get my parents to give his keeper wardrobe to me ... Thanks for the reminder, Matt.

As BellyTank is wont to profess: "a freind in tweed is a friend indeed"

bk

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Bravo Gentlemen,
An excellent look. I like to pretend that I am the Laird of Boston in my Harris tweed jackets, Barbour jackets, club ties, tatersall shirts, and woven or cordoroy trousers. This jacket would be perfect.
I loved it on IGB at the QM and it looks smashing on Matt.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
What a great jacket, Matt! I really admired IGB's at the QM as well, and will have to keep my eye out for the next one! I really like the English gentleman look, and that jacket really sets the tone. Great find, and it looks like you got a great fit.

Wild Root

Gone Home
That?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s a nice sport coat Matt! One of the better ones made these later years.

I my self find the elbow patches some what ?¢‚Ǩ?ìThrees company?¢‚Ǩ? styled and I don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t really care for it my self, yes, they did do it back then but, I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢d much rather have a some what more dressy sport coat. Make me one without the elbow patches and I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢d be happy!

On a side note, I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m some what confused to why this is in the jacket section. This I feel is more associated with suits. This is a suit type separate is it not?

Nice coat nevertheless!

=WR=

The Mad Hatter

A-List Customer
I just got one of these jackets NWOT for about $150 on Ebay.

It's the sort of thing to go with tattersalls and moleskins.

It will be interesting to see how it compares to the various Barbour and Lambourne hacking jackets which I now have.

boomerchop

One of the Regulars
And I just got one of these jackets NWOT on ebay for about $150.00. I was amazed to find one and very interested after reading this thread. Fortuitous timing, no?
Paul

The Mad Hatter

A-List Customer
Matt Deckard said:
Please show pictures of these jackets.

I don't presently have a digital camera, and my affairs for the month of December look to be quite complicated - so it would be some time before I would be able to oblige you.

If I am able, I will then start a new thread with pictures of all four jackets: (2 Barbour, 1 Lambourne, 1 Peterman.)

Mycroft said:
It looks to me like a shooting jacket (as seen in the shoulder patch), or at least inspired by one. Has anyone taken it out to hunt or shoot.

When i was a lad we used to use a similar kind of jacket for shooting. Amazing what a little bit a suede will do to protect the shoulder from recoil ... if you're right handed :p

If you're a lefty you need to get one specially made with the suede on the other side.

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo