Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J. Peterman to Open a Brick & Mortar in Cincinnati.

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That would be sweet to visit. I could easily imagine myself having a great time there and spending a lot of money. A lot. It would be worth a special trip. Unfortunately, it sounds like they are just opening up part of their warehouse for sales ...So I should not dare anticipate that I might one day see J. Peterman stores in NY, L.A. or Seattle. Too bad. :(

I personally love their product descriptions. In fact, one of my many dream jobs would be to be a writer for J. Peterman. This being the Fedora Lounge, someone should start a J. Peterman Tribute thread where Loungers could submit J-Petersonesque descriptions of their favorite articles of clothing. Was J. Peterman the original pioneers of such advertising?? I seem to recall that, back in the 80s, I was quite smitten by similar descriptions in the old Banana Republic catalogues (back when they were still a safari gear store; before they went all froufrou.)

Back before the company went in and out of bankruptcy (sometime in the early part of this century, if memory serves), it had several brick-and-mortar stores scattered across the country.

The one in NYC was outstanding. It had great vintage decor and was heavily stocked with catalogue and, I think, some store-specific items.

My girlfriend and I bought several things - most of which we still have - from Peterman back then and, even now, occasionally buy something from the catalogue.

The article sounds like instead of that, they are going the legitimate warehouse route and selling - my guess - overstocked items directly from there. If someone does go, it would be great to hear about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner