Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J. Peterman Victoria Falls Jacket

Nick Charles

Practically Family
Do the sleeves have buttons? In an outdoor Jacket you should have them a bit long not too much other than that it looks good on you.;)
I tried Jacks on lst week and the sleeves did the same thing but worse on my stubby little arms. I would have gotten one if the arms adjusted.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Jpeterman jacket

AlanC said:
I did (came yesterday), but I'm sending it back. I'm a 40/41R, but this is cut more like a 40L. The sleeves are just too long, and the cost to have it altered is more than I would want to spend on it. If I was knitpicking I'd say the shoulders are too big, too, but if the sleeves fit I'd likely keep it. It might be worth getting if you're a long; the body's long enough to accomodate a long, too. I haven't boxed it up yet, so I'll try to get my wife to snap a shot of me wearing it in a bit.

Alan it looks like the 44 would be too small as well if the are cutting 'em Italian style aka 54 = 44

Rooster

Practically Family
How is the fit on all of these jackets? I have a belted back Willis & Gieger that looks really cool , but is the most ill fitting thing I've ever worn. The armholes are so low you can't lift your arms past 45* with it buttoned.
WG2.jpg
[/IMG]
WG1.jpg
[/IMG]

mike

Call Me a Cab
Hemingway Jones said:
Well gang, this one is on sale now for $84.00, so if you were considering it, now is the time. ;)
Is that the "cafe linen jacket" listed on their site? I don't see any reference to the back belt or vent construction..? :eusa_doh:

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
AlanC said:
No problem, HJ. Believe me, I've bought way too many things that did work out, lately!

It might be a good choice for Jones & Jack with the sleeve length. For reference, I'm 5'10" and usually wear a 34" shirt sleeve.
Thanks for the photo and review, Alan. I do like the look of the jacket, and the info on the sleeve length is particularly helpful. Those buttons on the top pockets look proportionally huge, though. Not sure why they did that.

Any chance we could get a shot of the back before you box it up?

Rooster, I have the same gripes about my Orvis jacket. In particular there is something about the way the collar refuses to lay properly that bothers me, too. I think the canvas fabric they chose just does not work for a sportcoat. I'm sure they were trying to find a good blend of rugged and refined, but they did not quite succeed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass