Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J. Peterman Victoria Falls Jacket

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Fr_Pl_frnt.jpg

The shirt under the jacket is probably close to the movie one- pretty basic though; long, pointy collar, no pleated button placquet and french cuffs- looks good with open neck and rolled sleeves too.

B
T

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
BellyTank said:
Thanks for the thumbs-up guys-
I also have the matching baggy French khaki trousers!

B
T

Ok BT, now we must see you in this outfit. Any pictures you wish to share? Possibly with a French Congo pith helmet?;)
Really, would like to see a picture.

Cheers!

Dan

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
This has come through the laundry a couple of times now. The last time I washed it in hot water and dried it in the dryer with heat: desired result is that it shrunk a bit and doesn't hang on me.

It also irons very easily!

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Well, I balked at the original $150 price tag, and hesitated a little too long at the sale price, but when it came up for $36 on the 'bay, I snagged it! Brand new, never worn, and fits perfectly! Yes, that does include the sleeve length!

P5215026.jpg
P5215027.jpg

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Mojave Jack said:
Well, I balked at the original $150 price tag, and hesitated a little too long at the sale price, but when it came up for $36 on the 'bay, I snagged it! Brand new, never worn, and fits perfectly! Yes, that does include the sleeve length!
It's about time. Welcome to the club. Post pics when it comes. ;)

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
It did come! Those are my pics. I have to get some pics of me in it, but I was in the field all day today and was a little grimey. I just tried it on to make sure it fits, then set it for the dry cleaners.

I hope I look half as sharp in mine as you do in yours, Hem!

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mojave Jack said:
Daniel, did you (or anyone) pick up one of the Peterman linen cafe jackets? They are on sale now and are very tempting, but I'd like to see what others thought of that jacket.

I did (came yesterday), but I'm sending it back. I'm a 40/41R, but this is cut more like a 40L. The sleeves are just too long, and the cost to have it altered is more than I would want to spend on it. If I was knitpicking I'd say the shoulders are too big, too, but if the sleeves fit I'd likely keep it. It might be worth getting if you're a long; the body's long enough to accomodate a long, too. I haven't boxed it up yet, so I'll try to get my wife to snap a shot of me wearing it in a bit.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
AlanC said:
I did (came yesterday), but I'm sending it back. I'm a 40/41R, but this is cut more like a 40L. The sleeves are just too long, and the cost to have it altered is more than I would want to spend on it. If I was knitpicking I'd say the shoulders are too big, too, but if the sleeves fit I'd likely keep it. It might be worth getting if you're a long; the body's long enough to accomodate a long, too. I haven't boxed it up yet, so I'll try to get my wife to snap a shot of me wearing it in a bit.
I am sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you. I had high hopes for that jacket.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No problem, HJ. Believe me, I've bought way too many things that did work out, lately!

p1010919yj7.jpg

It might be a good choice for Jones & Jack with the sleeve length. For reference, I'm 5'10" and usually wear a 34" shirt sleeve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland