Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket theme songs

Bennarion

One Too Many
IMG_20200722_152257.jpg

I'm more of hack and slash and loot kind of guy:D, or turnbase tactics like chess, Jagged alliance, ff tactics, front mission, x-com, and stuff.... shamely I won't survive 2 minutes on first person shooters:(

My gaming days were short-lived, focused on FPS. I haven’t picked up a controller in about 10 years, a bit more. That said, I can’t wait to game when my boy gets older. I do have many fond memories of it. I sucked at everything but FPS, and in those I was simply not horrible.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
My gaming days were short-lived, focused on FPS. I haven’t picked up a controller in about 10 years, a bit more. That said, I can’t wait to game when my boy gets older. I do have many fond memories of it. I sucked at everything but FPS, and in those I was simply not horrible.

How old is your boy? My girl is five and we’ve played a few games already. The Lego games are geared towards slightly older kids so I need to guide her on some of the puzzles but they’re surprisingly fun to play for both me and her. I can recommend them if you want to introduce him to games!

I used to play a lot more before I had kids. I still buy games but it’s wishful thinking, I rarely finish games nowadays. I buy all sorts of games, FPS, strategy games, hack and slash etc. X-com 2 was the latest game I actually finished. Had to turn the difficulty down to the lowest setting lol

I almost grew up about 10 years ago and stopped playing games for a while, but then I got a job for a gaming company. Great, I could continue playing games and calling it “research”.

How old is your boy? My girl is five and we’ve played a few games already. The Lego games are geared towards slightly older kids so I need to guide her on some of the puzzles but they’re surprisingly fun to play for both me and her. I can recommend them if you want to introduce him to games!

I used to play a lot more before I had kids. I still buy games but it’s wishful thinking, I rarely finish games nowadays. I buy all sorts of games, FPS, strategy games, hack and slash etc. X-com 2 was the latest game I actually finished. Had to turn the difficulty down to the lowest setting lol

I almost grew up about 10 years ago and stopped playing games for a while, but then I got a job for a gaming company. Great, I could continue playing games and calling it “research”.

Working for a gaming company has got to be one of the best gigs out there. Very nice.

My boy is 5. We do play board games, puzzles, etc. Just not video games. When he was around two he would stuff whatever he could into my old gaming consoles, rendering them useless for gaming. I needed to upgrade anyways but just haven’t gotten around to it. And I would appreciate some game recommendations. Thank you. I’ve been thinking about the upcoming Xbox. I know my boy would like it.

dannyk

One Too Many
Growing up I wasn’t a gamer nerd haha. But I was a gamer like I said big on horror. I loved the Syphon Filter series and Metal Gear series as well. The Legacy of Kain series was great. GTA and the Red Dead’s. The Batman Arkham franchise has to be one of the best series as well, it made me fall in love with Batman all over again. In my early to mid 20s one of my best friends moved several hours away. We used to golf together. When he moved we both bought as well as two other of our best friends Tiger Woods. And on weekends we would all play together online and crack beers. We would pretend we all were together and still golfing. It actually was a lot of fun and made it seem like he hadn’t really moved. As I said now I basically only play one game. I’ll play other games here and there. For a bit. But my two current best friends and myself all wake up really early for work, and are so programmed for it, there’s no sleeping in on weekends. So NHL has a mode where you create a player, and create a team. You design the jersey and basically every facet of the arena, adding mascots and props, lights, flames, goal celebrations, you name it. And they have traditional 6 v 6, and 3 v 3 online. Welp there’s 3 of us and we all played hockey growing up so that’s what we do. We’re all in our 30s now so little free time, or ability to play for real anymore. So Saturday and Sundays we wake up and around 6:30-7:00 am before my fiancé or my one friends wife are up and about we play for a few hours. Again it’s nice because it keeps us active and “hanging out” even if digitally. As with kids, significant others, and work it’s not as easy to see all your friends.

Last edited:

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Working for a gaming company has got to be one of the best gigs out there. Very nice.

My boy is 5. We do play board games, puzzles, etc. Just not video games. When he was around two he would stuff whatever he could into my old gaming consoles, rendering them useless for gaming. I needed to upgrade anyways but just haven’t gotten around to it. And I would appreciate some game recommendations. Thank you. I’ve been thinking about the upcoming Xbox. I know my boy would like it.

Kids stuffing books and food into gaming consoles? Classic! I keep my PlayStation locked up in a cabinet to prevent that from happening.

I’ve found the best games to play with my kids are co-op games where you play together. I’ve occasionally allowed her to ride the horse around in red dead redemption 2, just got to watch out for random violent encounters, that game can go from a nice horse ride to gore in zero seconds. Would be nice to be able to switch on a “kids mode” with no blood and violence, cause she loves riding the horse.

dannyk

One Too Many
Kids stuffing books and food into gaming consoles? Classic! I keep my PlayStation locked up in a cabinet to prevent that from happening.

I’ve found the best games to play with my kids are co-op games where you play together. I’ve occasionally allowed her to ride the horse around in red dead redemption 2, just got to watch out for random violent encounters, that game can go from a nice horse ride to gore in zero seconds. Would be nice to be able to switch on a “kids mode” with no blood and violence, cause she loves riding the horse.
I know a lot of my friends kids love the LEGO games. And there plenty of them Star Wars, Marvel, Batman, Harry Potter. And I’ve played them myself. It’s a nice middle ground of kid friendly and easy to pick up, but with a few adult jokes hidden in them, and a lot of collectibles to pick up and unlock. Plus it’s co-op so you can have your kid running around being a hero kicking butt, while you can focus on the collecting and doing some of the harder puzzles.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I know a lot of my friends kids love the LEGO games. And there plenty of them Star Wars, Marvel, Batman, Harry Potter. And I’ve played them myself. It’s a nice middle ground of kid friendly and easy to pick up, but with a few adult jokes hidden in them, and a lot of collectibles to pick up and unlock. Plus it’s co-op so you can have your kid running around being a hero kicking butt, while you can focus on the collecting and doing some of the harder puzzles.

Yes, those are great. We’ve played Star Wars and Marvel. Introduction to gaming and Marvel/Star Wars at the same time :)

I also need to recommend Unravel 2 while we’re at it. Awesome two player puzzle platformer, very cute and with a serious story for the adult player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana