Jacket weather in N Texas ...

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Fanch, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Jacket weather in Dallas, at least for the weekend, although back up close to 90 degrees by the end of next week. Same weather system that produced near blizzard conditions yesterday in Wyoming, Montana, the Dakotas, etc. That is to say weather conditions for my weekend similar to usual conditions in Scotland in July. :D I was able to run my German shepherd dog with my mountain bike wearing a Filson waxed trucker jacket/hat combo but not pleasant riding up a slight uphill grade with a rainy, 20 knot headwind. :frusty:

2. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

Heading out to Wyoming and Colorado tonight Fanch.
    Bringing all the jackets I can stuff into the truck. Will take some pics for you lol

3. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

So very true. lol:eusa_doh: On the plus side, another couple of weeks and we'll be in Irvin territory! Don't say you're not jealous. :D

4. bretron

bretron Call Me a Cab

It's been jacket weather since January here in the NW :D

5. Matt Deckard

Matt Deckard Man of Action

Well I might head to the local hangar dance out here in Dallas and take advantage of this jacket idea.

6. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Breton, the NW encompasses a huge area. Near which major city do you live?

7. bretron

bretron Call Me a Cab

Fanch, I'm in the Seattle area. In truth, we had an absolutely beautiful summer, but it's definitely jacket season again.

8. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

Hey Fanch ole Bean.... enjoy the weather. You could wear a different jacket/hide every day and have plenty left over. But what I'd love to know is.... which one is your fave, your "go to" jacket of choice?

Worf

9. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Only 52 degrees this AM and first time to actually feel the need for a jacket in >6 months. :D

10. wanz

wanz One of the Regulars

It was fantastic wasn't it? Wish it would stay this way.

11. IXL

IXL One Too Many

It's been great! Yesterday in Oklahoma, I dug out the heavy wool Filson JacShirt. It had a fuel receipt in one of the pockets, dated from last March.

12. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Sometimes it seems that our four seasons in Texas are December, January, February, and Summer. :D