Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket Weather!!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Down to 35F tonight, heading towards 30F in the next couple of nights, with 41F during the day. I've got my bootlegger on at the moment, because the rain's been belting down for the past couple of days, but I've got the A-10 flight gloves out and I'm going to be pulling the Irvin back on at the first opportunity, while the ANJ-4 is waiting in the wings...

Winter hit South Florida today... 65 or so degrees for few hours before the sun came up. Then mid 70s until noon. Then sweatin’ time again. I got to wear a jacket for my morning ride. Really wish it would stay 65 or so for extended periods.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Winter hit South Florida today... 65 or so degrees for few hours before the sun came up. Then mid 70s until noon. Then sweatin’ time again. I got to wear a jacket for my morning ride. Really wish it would stay 65 or so for extended periods.
Is there ever jacket weather in Florida? I complain about socal, but I can't imagine you guys in the humidity state get much time to wear jackets, or am I wrong?

Is there ever jacket weather in Florida? I complain about socal, but I can't imagine you guys in the humidity state get much time to wear jackets, or am I wrong?

Maybe 5 nights a year are legitimate jacket days, certainly not much more than that. I wear my jackets when I ride though (and some days I go to a vest because it’s too humid). If it weren’t for the fact that I ride and do travel a bit, no reason whatsoever to own any type of jacket, let alone leather.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Maybe 5 nights a year are legitimate jacket days, certainly not much more than that. I wear my jackets when I ride though (and some days I go to a vest because it’s too humid). If it weren’t for the fact that I ride and do travel a bit, no reason whatsoever to own any type of jacket, let alone leather.
That is about what I thought the case would be. Could be worse, though. You could be in Southeast Asia.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I disagree. Generally, from around this point onward jackets are perfectly comfortable in the evenings and mornings, and we usually get periods of cool weather in January, February, and into March. Last year I was wearing my LHB most evenings in April.

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
I disagree. Generally, from around this point onward jackets are perfectly comfortable in the evenings and mornings, and we usually get periods of cool weather in January, February, and into March. Last year I was wearing my LHB most evenings in April.

While the air conditioner is running in the house. Lol :)

I have family members in south Florida and for the past two or falls and winters, it hasn't gotten "cool" as it typically had in past years. Very rare to be able to open the windows and turn off the AC, etc., anymore. This coming winter season looks to be iffy, as well.

- Ian

Very short periods but sure. You have a higher tolerance for wearing leather jackets in higher temps than most, good on ya. Certainly wish I could.

The last time I was in Miami it got down around 35 degrees. I can't remember the year. Packers were in the super bowl and Farve was purple. I was laughing. It was certainly odd. People were losing their minds. I thought it felt good but was certainly surreal.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I spent a month in the Philippines last year and could not agree more. Though I did get food poisoning so that may be clouding my recollections.
I have never been to any Southeast Asian country. In fact, San Diego is the furthest south that I have ever been in my life (thank goodness.) However, if Osaka in early July is any indication, I do not want to go to any of those countries :p

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
Maybe if you’re used to a tropical climate, such as south Florida, and the humidity drops and it’s 70 degrees, it feels chilly. Whereas, people who live in areas that are cold for, at least, 6 months of the year, you wouldn’t think of wearing jackets in 70 degree weather.

- Ian

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Having spent a bit of time in Malaysia, I'm amazed anyone needs anything more than a long sleeve t-shirt at night to fend off the insects! The humidity must make jacket wear and care hellish. Usually, I sweated buckets for the first couple of days but then my body's thermostat found a new equilibrium and I felt great, having had the equivalent of a 48 hour sauna and sweated all the toxins out of body!

Maybe if you’re used to a tropical climate, such as south Florida, and the humidity drops and it’s 70 degrees, it feels chilly. Whereas, people who live in areas that are cold for, at least, 6 months of the year, you wouldn’t think of wearing jackets in 70 degree weather.

- Ian
Yeah, I try to force myself to wear my jackets in higher humidity and temps. I love wearing them and for safety on bike. At least that is what I remind myself of when cooking at a stop light. Part of the reason I would like to move back north is to have some semblance of changing seasons. Not crazy like way up north but thinking NC or Virginia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran