Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jaxonbilt Hats

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

Just got off the phone with Roy, 12-16 weeks out for delivery also. Natural, Field brown ribbon, 50% beaver, 5.75 crown in Montana Peak, Winter brim (slight curl, front and back dip), Leather stampede string, Red interior, Roam band with my name on it.

Later

1961MJS

Hi

Sorry about that, 4 inch brim, 1.5 inch ribbon width. This is the Non-Traditional Campaign Hat I was discussing on another thread.

The color matches Olive Drab (scout pants, and 1943 US Jacket), Tan (scout shirt color, and Safari jacket color), and what Cabelas calls British Tan (two long sleeve and two short sleeve shirts). Sahara also matched those colors, but it seemed a little on the light side for Winter. Rust and Whiskey also match the above colors, but I was concerned that the Rust would look orange in bright sunlight. Whiskey looked too much like the regular Campaign hat color. Apparently, I'm a creature of habit...

If I counted right, February 10 at the earliest, March 10 at the latest.

Later

msm007

One of the Regulars
Hi

Sorry about that, 4 inch brim, 1.5 inch ribbon width. This is the Non-Traditional Campaign Hat I was discussing on another thread.

The color matches Olive Drab (scout pants, and 1943 US Jacket), Tan (scout shirt color, and Safari jacket color), and what Cabelas calls British Tan (two long sleeve and two short sleeve shirts). Sahara also matched those colors, but it seemed a little on the light side for Winter. Rust and Whiskey also match the above colors, but I was concerned that the Rust would look orange in bright sunlight. Whiskey looked too much like the regular Campaign hat color. Apparently, I'm a creature of habit...

If I counted right, February 10 at the earliest, March 10 at the latest.

Later

Sounds like a very nice hat! Please post pics of it when you get it and let us know what you think of it.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Here is my son with a Jaxon crushable wool. I bought it for him for Christmas. It's his first fedora and he says the kids at school think its cool.

5396315847_021e178a72.jpg

I am not sure if this is the same company we are talking about on this thread, though.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Yeah, I didn't think they were the same. I was search "Jaxon" on the Lounge and this was the only thread I found. You know, the search function really, really sucks on vBulletin software. I can NEVER find what I want using it. Anyway, the boy likes the hat. That's what counts.

johnnycanuck

Looking forward to seeing one of Roys hats posted. I have looked around and couldn't find any pictures on the lounge.
Johnny

1961MJS

Hi

Boeing got the Tanker Contract (big SURPRISE by the way), so I can actually call Roy and buy the hat. No hat otherwise...

Later y'all

1961MJS

Hi

I called Roy today, to give him a new card number (expired) and he said it was supposed to go out this week. Pictures when I get a chance.

Later

1961MJS

Hi

I received the Non-Traditional Campaign hat today. Custom hats are the way to go, it fits perfectly. I'll work on pictures tomorrow afternoon after the gun show.

Later

msm007

One of the Regulars
Looking forward to the photos. Can you tell us what you think of the finishing quality (hatband, etc.), Thanks

1961MJS

Hi

The felt is smooth, the hat is stiff, since it's a Western hat as opposed to a Fedora. The sweat is the best of any of the hats I own (Beaver Brand and Stetson). The fit is PERFECT. The hatband is really good looking too.

Later

1961MJS

Hi

Here we go on the pix of my Non-Traditional Campaign Hat:

Front:
CampaignFront2.jpg

Left:
CampaignLeft2.jpg

Right Rear:
CampaignRight2.jpg

Inside:
CampaignInside2.jpg

The hat first great, and it's better felt than either my Stetson, or the Beaver Brand I own. I'd buy from Roy Jackson again any day. This is 4 inch brim, field brown ribbon, 5.75 inch crown, with a Montana Peak. The Felt is 50% beaver and is undyed Natural.

I'll work on a shot of me wearing it, I take bad enough pictures anyway without doing it in the bathroom mirror.

Later

Neophyte

It looks great! I think you may the first Lounger to ever post of a new custom Jaxonbilt with pics. :)
Congratulations! :eusa_cla

msm007

One of the Regulars
Looks very nice!! Good attention to detail. How stiff is the felt? Does it feel soft but firm or just very stiff?

1961MJS

Looks very nice!! Good attention to detail. How stiff is the felt? Does it feel soft but firm or just very stiff?

Hi, I'm not sure quite how to describe it. It's much stiffer than my Stetson Temple, which is just plain soft. It is a little softer than the Beaver Brand I own, but not a LOT softer. Feels great on my head. The brim is much stiffer than the crown.

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn