Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jaxonbilt Hats

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

Here we go on the pix of my Non-Traditional Campaign Hat:

Front:

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k611/1961MJS/Lounge/Front2.jpg

Left:
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k611/1961MJS/Lounge/LeftSide2.jpg

Right Rear:
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k611/1961MJS/Lounge/RightRear2.jpg

Inside:
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k611/1961MJS/Lounge/Inside2.jpg

The hat first great, and it's better felt than either my Stetson, or the Beaver Brand I own. I'd buy from Roy Jackson again any day. This is 4 inch brim, field brown ribbon, 5.75 inch crown, with a Montana Peak. The Felt is 50% beaver and is undyed Natural.

I'll work on a shot of me wearing it, I take bad enough pictures anyway without doing it in the bathroom mirror.

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k611/1961MJS/Lounge/Jaxonbilt_3_smaller2.jpg

Later

513th

New in Town
Nice hat

You asked for it, here it is gents!

Here's a photo of my two Jaxonbilt Cavalry hats in Buckskin. The one on the right is 50X with holes for a windstring, the second is a 100X:

IMG_0079.jpg

Vintage68:

Like the hats! Looked up the vendor and am thinking about ordering one. What is the crown height and the brim on your buckskin calvary hats from Jaxsonbilt? Do you like the 100x better than the 50x and how are they holding up?

Thanks,
513th

vintage68

Practically Family
I'll get back to you with the measurements. I like the 50X just fine, both are holding up with no issues. I say order the 50X and once you have your head shape and fit figured out you can upgrade if you want, but the 50X is great quality and value for the money.

513th

New in Town
Hello. Just wanted to check back in, interested in ordering a calvary hat like the Buckskin one you have. Can you tell me the crown height and brim size? It's a good looking hat. Thanks.

Last edited:

513th

New in Town
Well, I received my first Jaxsonbilt hat! It is the Lone Ranger hat in 50X (100% Beaver) in the bone color. Roy was great to work with and is a stand up guy! Will be ordering future hats from him. Vintage68, I really like your calvary hats in buckskin. Interested in ordering the 100x and would like to know the brim and crown on yours. Look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

msm007

One of the Regulars
I now own 5 Jaxonbilt hats, gotten over a few years, and I could not be happier. Roy recently improved the sweatband on his hats. A really nice professional guy to deal with.

513th

New in Town
He was great to work with. I really like Vintage68's Calvary hats, especially the buckskin, and was wanting to find out the height of the crown and the brim size. What hats did you purchase from Roy?

513th

New in Town
msm007 - Thanks, which hats did you get from Roy? I read where Vintage68 had worn one of his in a survival school and it held up great in the weather. Have you worn any of yours in different weather conditions?

msm007

One of the Regulars
Hi, oh yes, rain, snow, sleet, sun (I wear mine every day) and they all look like new. I got the 100% beaver the lesser expensive. Roy has two types of 100% beaver. He also offers a discount for return customers. He is very friendly to talk to.

msm007 - Thanks, which hats did you get from Roy? I read where Vintage68 had worn one of his in a survival school and it held up great in the weather. Have you worn any of yours in different weather conditions?

513th

New in Town
Thanks msm007. I also got the 50X (100% Beaver) Lone Ranger hat in bone color and really like it. It arrived about 1-1/2 weeks ago. I'm also interested in getting a Calvary hat like Vintage68. Did you get any of the movie hats Roy has on his sites or get yours made with a different style?

msm007

One of the Regulars
My hats have become a lifestyle for me as I wear them all the time. People seem to react if I don't have one on! I went with a traditional western look the cattleman crease but i like a low crown and a wide brim. All my hats have a 4 inch finished crown and 4 1/2 inch brims. 5 different colors and counting :) The hat in my avatar is the first hat that i got from Roy, a natural beaver color. I have changed the shapes of the brim on all of them about 20 times.

That Lone Ranger hat looks really nice on the website! I like the fact that Roy isn't selling re-maid Resistols like another hat maker does. Do you have any photos of your hat?

Thanks msm007. I also got the 50X (100% Beaver) Lone Ranger hat in bone color and really like it. It arrived about 1-1/2 weeks ago. I'm also interested in getting a Calvary hat like Vintage68. Did you get any of the movie hats Roy has on his sites or get yours made with a different style?

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
My hats have become a lifestyle for me as I wear them all the time. People seem to react if I don't have one on!
The same happens to me.

I went with a traditional western look the cattleman crease but i like a low crown and a wide brim. All my hats have a 4 inch finished crown and 4 1/2 inch brims. 5 different colors and counting :) The hat in my avatar is the first hat that i got from Roy, a natural beaver color. I have changed the shapes of the brim on all of them about 20 times.
I like tall crowns and big brims (4 to 5"), not very fond of the cattleman crease, can live with it but not in all my hats.

CumminsCowboy

New in Town
Hello everyone,

I've been a lurker on this site for a while, I've found lots of great information. I wanted to write my first post as a review of Jaxonbilt Hat Company. I know there are lots of reviews here and great experiences with Roy, but I had my first experience and was really blown away. I recently bought a new 100% beaver from a different company, and I sent my 6x Resistol into Roy at Jaxonbilt to get the brim trimmed down and reshaped. Roy called me and told me he messed up and took too much off the brim, but that he would make me a new hat or send me one he had already made in my size, which happened to be 100% beaver. I told him I didn't feel right taking such a nice hat for no charge, but he refused to let me pay even for the service I wanted done in the first place. I still don't really feel right about it, but there wasn't much I could do, and I didn't want to take advantage and have him spend time making a new hat from scratch.

I'm really blown away with the way he handled this, I never would have imagined anyone going so far above and beyond to take care of me when I wasn't even purchasing a hat. It's just a shame I'll have 2 pure beaver hats, because now I don't know when I'll be ready to go back to him to give him my business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn