Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jaxonbilt Hats

msm007

One of the Regulars
JAXONBILT Hats ??????

Does anyone have a hat from JAXONBILT Hats or has had dealings with them?
I was thinking about ordering, but want to check it out with TFL first. Thanks

Jim2903

One of the Regulars
Jaxon, yes -- never heard them called Jaxonbilt. Jaxon is a lower-cost line of hats sold through Village Hat Shop in California. Decent entry-level hat; I have one of their crushable c-crown fedoras.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I asked a similar question a month or so ago. I expect the guy who answered it offline to respond. Basically he has at least a couple of 100% beaver hats from them and loves them both. Said that they still looked good after 5 years. I plan on buying a 50% beaver one for wearing outdoors.

Later

vintage68

Practically Family
I have three Jaxonbilt hats, one that is 50X, and two that are 100x. I wore the 50x during a two week survival course in the Utah desert with high heat during the day, really cold temperatures at night, rain, etc, in short everything that the elements could throw at it and it still looks almost brand new. Buy a Jaxonbilt and don't look back. They make a fine product and the owner Roy, is a pleasure to do business with.

Just make sure you get your order in soon if you have a specific event you need it for, because as with most custom products they are not fast. He'll also send you his "conformer kit" which not also measures the size of your head, but the shape as well which is crucial. We all have little bumps on whatnot that make a custom fit the only real way to go. Once you go custom you never go back.

msm007

One of the Regulars
I have three Jaxonbilt hats, one that is 50X, and two that are 100x. I wore the 50x during a two week survival course in the Utah desert with high heat during the day, really cold temperatures at night, rain, etc, in short everything that the elements could throw at it and it still looks almost brand new. Buy a Jaxonbilt and don't look back. They make a fine product and the owner Roy, is a pleasure to do business with.

Just make sure you get your order in soon if you have a specific event you need it for, because as with most custom products they are not fast. He'll also send you his "conformer kit" which not also measures the size of your head, but the shape as well which is crucial. We all have little bumps on whatnot that make a custom fit the only real way to go. Once you go custom you never go back.

Thanks a bunch really good information!! I am waiting on color samples that he is sending me, I have nver had anyone do that before. Seems Like a first class guy.

Neophyte

I've seen these guys before. Their catalog looks pretty good, though I'm not into most of those styles. The two Elko models, though, look cool (especially the black one with gold trim).

msm007

One of the Regulars
I've seen these guys before. Their catalog looks pretty good, though I'm not into most of those styles. The two Elko models, though, look cool (especially the black one with gold trim).

Thanks, I am going conservative with this order and will probably be ordering the Cattleman #9. Going west. :D
cattleman.jpg

Last edited:

Neophyte

Going over their inventory again, I must say that there are quite a few hats that I like, and the prices seem quite fair. The two Elko models, the Tracker, the Cattleman and the Open Road, especially!

The cattleman does look very sharp, good choice! Is it available in many colors? or is it just the "platinum" as they describe it?

msm007

One of the Regulars
Going over their inventory again, I must say that there are quite a few hats that I like, and the prices seem quite fair. The two Elko models, the Tracker, the Cattleman and the Open Road, especially!

The cattleman does look very sharp, good choice! Is it available in many colors? or is it just the "platinum" as they describe it?

There are a number of colors, I am currently waiting for the shipment of color swatches to arrive in the mail - he is sending them to me free of charge to Sweden. Nice guy!

vintage68

Practically Family
Thanks, I am going conservative with this order and will probably be ordering the Cattleman #9. Going west. :D
cattleman.jpg

The Cattleman is a nice choice, but you might want to look at the Cavalry hat as well. Nothing wrong with the Cattleman of course, but it's a pretty generic style that you'll see walking into any western store. I have the Cavalry in Buckskin with matching ribbon, and it has just a little more of a custom look to it. Still, you can't go wrong either way.

vintage68

Practically Family

All of Roy's hats are available in any colour you want, with matching or contrasting ribbons, and you can customize the styling as well. Jaxonbilt is a full custom shop.

AlterEgo

A-List Customer
I have handled only one Jaxonbilt hat--a 100% beaver just like the one Clint Eastwood wore in "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly," (sans the bullet hole) that a friend of mind bought some years ago. The style was spot-on, and it was one of the five nicest hats I've ever personally inspected--and that includes vintage.

I forget what he paid, but it was A LOT. Later, I, being a major Eastwood fan, was interested in getting a GB&U hat for myself and did a bunch of research. The actual movie hat was a beaver/rabbit blend that Clint himself picked out as an 11th-hour property just before leaving to film in Spain. Bottom line--the original hat was not nearly as nice as my buddy's Jaxonbilt! In addition to Jaxonbuilt, there are quite a few vendors offering classic movie hats at various quality/price points. Knowing none could compare with my friend's stupendous but astronomical GB&U from Jaxonbilt, I decided to pass.

As for the unrelated Jaxon hats sold by Village Hat Shop, they are an excellent value for the dollar and make a fine entry-level purchase for the newbie testing the headgear waters.

MarkD

One of the Regulars
Yes there are others and at least one I know of competes in quality. I got a 100% beaver styled after Brad Pitt's character Tristan in the movie "Legends Of The Fall". The quality is outstanding and it is beautiful. It will be handed down for several generations I'm sure. I don't know if it is appropriate to mention where I got it on this thread so I won't. If there is interest, let me know...

I am also impressed with Roy's hats. I would have no problem at all buying a hat from him.

1961MJS

Hi

I'm in line for the next conformer back to the shop. Lets' hurry up out there. I'm getting the Not exactly traditional Campaign Hat I discussed earlier. The Stratton didn't fit, and I want to go a little more ostentatious than the Boys Scouts and Stratton.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails