Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jaxonbilt Hats

vintage68

Practically Family
Hi, I'm not sure quite how to describe it. It's much stiffer than my Stetson Temple, which is just plain soft. It is a little softer than the Beaver Brand I own, but not a LOT softer. Feels great on my head. The brim is much stiffer than the crown.

Later

Congratulations on your purchase!! Always happy to see a quality craftsman get the recognition they deserve. Love the undyed Natural color. I have three of Roy's hats, two in Buckskin, but I really like the color you went with. Hmnnn, maybe an excuse for a new hat?

msm007

One of the Regulars
Just ordered a hat from Roy. My first impression is that he is very professional, knows his stuff and treats the customer very well.

vintage68

Practically Family
You asked for it, here it is gents!

Here's a photo of my two Jaxonbilt Cavalry hats in Buckskin. The one on the right is 50X with holes for a windstring, the second is a 100X:

IMG_0079.jpg

vintage68

Practically Family
Here is another photo of the underside of both hats. Note the dark brown sweatband in the 50X:

IMG_0080.jpg

And another closer look at the 50X:

IMG_0081.jpg

This is after 5-6 years of wear, including a two week survival course in the Utah desert with rain, brutal heat during the day, freezing temps at night, etc. Roy makes a serious hat!

Last edited:

vintage68

Practically Family
The 50X feels only slightly more stiff than the 100X, hardly noticeable unless you're holding both in your hand and looking for it. The 100X felt feels more lush. Not sure if that's the right word.

Last edited:

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fantastic looking hats vintage68. Thanks for posting them. Any chance of seeing you third hat from Roy?
Johnny

vintage68

Practically Family
Here's my third hat from Roy, also a Cavalry style in 100X. I wanted one in black after seeing the western Appaloosa, with Ed Harris as Virgil Cole, based on my favorite author's book by the same title.

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

msm007

One of the Regulars
Very nice indeed. Any pics of showing you wearing the hat? Its always good to get a feel for the hat when it is on the wearer.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks. Great looking hat. I am also a Robert B. Parker fan. Shame he left us so soon. Thanks to these pictures I will have to seriously consider ordering a hat from Roy in the near future.
Johnny

vintage68

Practically Family
Here's a photo of the Jaxonbilt, expertly modeled by your humble scribe. Oddly, I look exactly like Virgil Cole. And I agree Johnny, RBP left us too soon, but luckily for us he was very prolific while he was here.

IMG_0098.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn