Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeans recommendation

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
I want to recommend my favorite jeans. For those of you who would like a 40's/'50's western style blue jean for daily wear, give Buddy's Jeans a try. They make a "Cowboy cut" jean, with a bellybutton-high rise. They are fairly snug in the pocket/seat area, as jeans of this style should be. Boot cut, and you can get inseam lengths up to 38" so you can put a proper turned cuff on them! The fabric is a 65% cotton, 35% poly blend heavy denim that is easy care, and less trouble to keep smooth or ironed than regular heavy cotton denim. It is dark indigo blue, and maintains it's color longer than all cotton denim. It is nice and comfortable, and so far, mine have worn every bit as well as any all cotton denim jeans I have had (and I'm hard on britches). They don't shrink like my Wrangler 13mwz jeans do.

They are VERY well constructed. Most seams are triple stitched with heavy gold thread. I now have four pair, and none of them have any "bad" places on them. The pockets are made of denim, and well stitched, so your keys and pocketknives won't fall through the bottom of a worn out pocket!

AND, they are MADE IN THE USA! A pretty rare thing in and of itself. They are also nicely priced. I think normally they are about $39.95 a pair, but I just got two pair for $29.95 each. That's cheap enough, I think, especially for such a nice garment.

No, these are not "reproduction" jeans, which will not satisfy the sticklers for "authenticity", but they are very good quality britches done in a vintage style and excellent for everyday wear. ;)

www.buddysjeans.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy