Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeans?

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I have a pair of Freddies, but I don't really wear them because they are oddly sized. I was advised by the owner that the waists run big, and that a 26 waist would be fine on my (then) 27" waist. Well, it was, even a bit big, but the hips are really too small on me. Due to the cut and placement of the button at the side they are a nightmare to get on and off, though they look good when on. I just can't be faffed to stand there for 10 minutes, jumping up and down on the spot every time I use the loo! lol

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Fleur De Guerre said:
I have a pair of Freddies, but I don't really wear them because they are oddly sized. I was advised by the owner that the waists run big, and that a 26 waist would be fine on my (then) 27" waist. Well, it was, even a bit big, but the hips are really too small on me. Due to the cut and placement of the button at the side they are a nightmare to get on and off, though they look good when on. I just can't be faffed to stand there for 10 minutes, jumping up and down on the spot every time I use the loo! lol

lol lol I have a pair of sailorpants with a sidezipper .. again, oddly placed (or my arms are too short), I end up almost going around myself like a puppy chasing it's tail!

Inky

One Too Many
I just put up some cute Stop Staring jeans in a size 14 (waist 34) in the classifieds. New with tags.

Just in time for summer fun!

3485741647_ca5ffb07ec_o.jpg

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
I also have a pair of Freddies and to get them to fit me in the hip the waist is about 4 inches to big !!! I like them on, with a belt !!! but I would like to see them make the waist more proportionate . They also told me that they will be doing a line of Flannel lined jeans in the future.

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
that is funny, because freddies jeans are a perfect fit for me.

I measure 26"
34"

Which is what they measure.. but i cant afford to buy em new :( :rage:

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
eb - maybe we could do a swap if you're short on cash??? - I'll need to take some pics first though as for instance there's a frayed bit on the pocket edge etc. I'd say that these (26) jeans measure more like 27 waist, 36/37 hip though. [huh] (I am 27, 39 and they are that bit too tight, but not 5 inches! I can get them on!)

Edit: Mine are the relaxed fit ones, hence the size discrepancy!

Gigi

New in Town
I also found this to be the case with FOP jeans. I was so excited to finally get a pair, and when they arrived they were about two inches too big in the waist! I sent them back, but didn't bother getting another pair in a smaller size since the hips would have then been too small. They were also VERY high on me, because I'm pretty short.

lazydaisyltd

One of the Regulars
I think the Freddies just run very high. I ordered a pair of the "Jeanies" in a 28 inch waist and recieved them today. They are cute, but that waistline is almost up to my bra, and I am VERY long-waisted! They fit well. I have never worn pants that fit this high before, ever. After the low-rise jeans that I've been used to, these are...wow, a real change. I do like them, though, they will just take a little getting used to. I will caution anyone who is thinking of buying them, however, DO NOT wear them on a day when you going to purchase a SuperBig Gulp Diet Coke at the 7-11. They are hard to get off and on, and you sort of have to shimmy them up, which is a little tricky in, say, the bathroom stall at Target, and you will start to deeply regret all that Diet Coke. Not that this has ever happened to me.:eek:

lazydaisyltd

One of the Regulars
Fleur De Guerre said:

I think for me, it's because the Freddies of Pinewood jeans come up so high, it's just hard to get the narrow part of the waist over my fat bum. I'm embarrased to say that there is definitely a little jumping involved, although once they are on, they are fine. lol

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
lazydaisyltd said:
I think for me, it's because the Freddies of Pinewood jeans come up so high, it's just hard to get the narrow part of the waist over my fat bum. I'm embarrased to say that there is definitely a little jumping involved, although once they are on, they are fine. lol
Hmmm........I'm not having the getting them on and off problem, maybe I'm doing it wrong lol

TessTrueheart

lazydaisyltd said:
As well you should, you look very cute! Tess, by any chance, are you tall? Those jeans don't come right under your boobs the way they fit on me. I am 5/4".

Thank you! I'm 167 cm, I think that is about 5/4 or 5/5?

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Now I've had a love/hate relationship with jeans. I would love to find the perfect pair,but hate that I have never had much success with exception to a few pair of trouser wide leg styles.
Recently,I picked up a pair of straight leg dark denim Rustlers at Walmart for my husband. After seeing how great they looked on him I decided for jeans that are under $15 it wouldn't hurt to get a pair for myself just to try out. Guess what? They are so close to exactly what I've been looking for and fit great now. Once I lose weight I'll have to alter the waist. They probably wouldn't work on a true hourglass. (Not enough give in the hip area)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy