Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeans

airfrogusmc

Suspended
1886 the first 501 LVC Just arrive yeasterday new with tags RAW.
IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

airfrogusmc

Suspended
If anyones interested here are some LVC 1933 501s 555 (Valencia St) 11 2000that I scored a couple of weeks ago on ebay. The denim seems to be darker than the denim LVC used on the 2003 offering.
Insidelabel-1.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

pablocham

One of the Regulars
Repro Guy said:
Ha ha!

Me too... which ones, the 11MW ?

super comfortable, which is unusual for unwashed jeans.
I actually am trimming down my collection a bit and am gonna sell some of unworn 'reserves' I bought... lol.... I was worried Wrangler might stop making them, so my brother and i bought a coupla spares, but I think that might have been silly in hindsight cos they dont fit now, and they are just sitting there and cant be worn after all that! lol lol

Yeah, three pairs of the raw 11MW. I got two of them cheap on ebay and bought the third through Oipolloi. I also have a pair of LVC '47s and a pair of the Sugar Cane '45 repros.

Repro Guy

New in Town
Hi Pablo,

could you tell me your thoughts on the sugar canes in comparison to Wrangler/Levis repros you have?

Im thinking of getting some Sugar Canes once Ive managed to sell all those spare Blue Bells I have.

pablocham

One of the Regulars
The Sugar Cane denim is much better--darker, heavier and slubbier, but I prefer the cut of the Wrangler Repros. The 11mw is narrow in the hips, straight through the leg and has a wider than average ankle opening. They are also very high-waisted. The SC '45s are narrower at the ankle than I would prefer.

One great thing about the SC and all the other Japanese repros is that they are true to the labeled size. So you pretty much know what you are getting. Both the Lee and the Wrangler repros are two to three inches larger than the labeled size even though they are Sanforized.

Jay

Practically Family
I know the 1890 501s have the widest legs, but could someone fill me in on the other years? I'm getting a pair soon and just curious since real skinny legs (like the modern 501s) make me look...well, just plain stupid. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Jay

Repro Guy

New in Town
1890 not the widest legs.
i have a pair Im gonna put in classifieds actually

i have those and also a few of the other models.

1955 is the widest leg, imo.

1947 slimmest. (think skinny almost)

1955 is my favourite cos they're the most comfortable lol

the 1933 is meant to be quite a generous cut too, so maybe that is an option for u.

Jay

Practically Family
I thought the '55 was wider. I emailed Aeroleather and they told me that the '33s and the 1890's were the widest legs, but for some reason I doubted them. Thanks for clearing it up.

ideaguy

One Too Many
AH...for comfort and reliability and guaranteed fit or send 'em back-L.L.Bean.
of all places. No kidding, they carry a great pair of jeans. I've got about 18 pair of assorted-Wrangler MW13's, Levi 550's, Gap (fall apart easy but older ones great cut) and more and more. Never got to the vintage stuff, but stumbled upon the LL Bean jeans and comfort & looks-they're great! sleepers! look great with moccasains, work boots, and my favorite pair of Lucchese boots.
Whod'a thunk it? see them online, too. M.

wharrell

New in Town
Wrangler 13MWZ Cowboy Cut Jeans work for me. I ride horses so they work both on and off horseback.

I tell you guys, Wrangler 13MWZ Jeans are the best clothing value around. They unwashed ridgid (which are the best to break in and give better wear and appearance) are typically $19.99 at Western Stores and Tractor Supply Company here in North Carolina.

While in Austin and San Antonio this summer, I even noticed there the going price was $18.88.

I swear by 'em.

thomasbonilsson said:
Ok so If you do need a pair of jeans and have difficulties find a good vintage pair with high waist etc.

Do you know a good brand?

Jay

Practically Family
I just ordered a pair of 1955 501s from Aeroleather. Anything I should know that hasn't been covered already? I don't want to screw up my only decent pair of jeans...

Salv

One Too Many
Jay said:
I just ordered a pair of 1955 501s from Aeroleather. Anything I should know that hasn't been covered already? I don't want to screw up my only decent pair of jeans...
It may have been mentioned before, but dry clean them if you want to keep them dark, otherwise when you absolutely have to wash them turn them inside out and cold wash them on a short cycle.

Fletch said:
What do folks think of the carpenter-type pants (with the tool loop, big pockets, etc)? They look pretty old-school to me – better than the stovepipe Gap jeans I wear now, anyway.
They're great! As I mentioned upthread I have a cheap pair of Dickies carpenter jeans that are my everyday jeans - in fact I'm wearing them now. Nice dark denim, straight-legged and a surprisingly high (navel height) waist. I should have bought a few pairs when I had the chance. I've also worn Carhartt and Smith's carpenter jeans, but the Dickies have the best fit.

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Vintage Levi's

IMHO the best all-round pre-war Levi's are the '37 201XX (not to be confused with the 201). They have a similar cut to the '55s but have the cinch and crotch rivet and a leather tag with a single sided red tab.

Reproductions are less common than 501s, but they tend to be cheaper used as fewer people want them.

Alan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran