Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jewellery, gents?

warbird

One Too Many
Does a gun count for jewelry?;) If, so I wear that.

Watch, always. Rings, never, not even my wedding ring. I have several rings, they have all sat in a drawer for years and years.

Cufflinks, not as often as I used to, but every once in a while I put the french cuffs on again.

Watch, never--since I'm stuck packin' two cellphones, those are my timepieces. Ring, only a band if I ever manage to find Miss Right and settle down. The closest I get to "jewelry" is the full set of five-star General of the Army rank insignia I occasionally carry around in an old eyeglass case.*

*No, I harbor no delusions of rank, nor do I pass myself off as a general officer. My stars are only there to remind me of the standard I have set for myself, and as part of my collection of MacArthuriana--my corncob pipes are the same way. The stars only go on one day a year: October 31, and even then, only for a few hours. Anything more I would consider a mockery of the General, the men who served with him--and myself.

Dan G

One of the Regulars
No piercings or jewellry for me. Poppa told me not to get any piercings cause he'd pull 'em out, and it just kinda stuck.[huh] I have one watch that hasn't had batteries in it for like three years now.
A wedding ring would be fine, but I don't really want anything else on me.

PenMan

Familiar Face
Old school gold wedding band, watch (except when in the shower), cuff links where appropriate.

In a sense, glasses have become jewelry in that modern ones go well beyond mere functionality. The same could be said for a pen. I pay attention to both of those things as they impact on my overall look.

JB

New in Town
Generally, I don't wear a wristwatch. Although I was recently given a delightful pocket watch and chain, which I shall be wearing in the summer with a waistcoat. (I have to wear a waistcost in summer... I tend to be of the 'damper' persuasion).

I do have a silver neckchain and a silver wrist chain that I wear every day. They just mean a lot to me, as they were presents from a very special lady. I plan on wearing a wedding ring should I get married, but that's a long way from happening at present!

Other than that, the only addition is "glasses", which I don't think really count!

JB

Chanfan

A-List Customer
Good question. I wear a wedding ring (Plat & patterned gold), and that's it on a regular basis.

I used to wear an earring - small silver hoop, but it got caught on my helmet and pulled out, and I haven't gotten around to replacing it yet.

On occasion, I wear cufflinks. Wristwatches - I've owned a few, but for some reason, they bug me, so I haven't been wearing them.

Also used to have a hematite ring, but broke it. In the 80's, I was partial to silver bangles, but hey - I also wore a choker chain and safety pins.

I have a necklace that's the icon for my SCA household that I wear when doing medieval dress up, along with a hat broach. And I'd love to get a collar of estate with my motto on it, but I think this paragraph is outside of the scope of the original question. ;)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
"errr, spitfire, please tell me it's shaped like a male chicken."
lol lol lol
Baron, you may call it a rooster, a male grown up chicken or whatever.... But it was a antique birdlike creature in silver.;)

funneman

Practically Family
Jewelry?

I used to wear several rings, a couple of necklaces with guitar shaped charms, a bracelet, watch and earrings. This was back when I was fronting bands.

For some reason, I drifted away from all of it with the exception of my Movado wristwatch (a gift) and two gold hoop earrings.

Travis

Suspended
My jewelry is limited to watches, cuff links and tie bars as well. I do, however, want to get a subtle pinkie ring (if Sinatra can do it, so can I).

skbellis

One of the Regulars
A vintage wristwatch most days, on occasion a pocket watch, and my wedding band ( 9ct gold so it is tougher, London hallmarked). I love the fact that jewelry from the UK is hallmarked, it is nice to know the date and origin of rings and what not.

---Scott

patrick1987

One of the Regulars
A wristwatch. Cufflinks if needed. Funny, I've never thought of those as jewelry. To me jewelry is earrings, bracelets, necklaces, rings. No jewelry but I'm open to suggestion, except earrings. I don't care for earrings on guys. I hate piercings. My friend says her husband's wedding ring is a chick magnet but I don't want to meet those kind of females.

Honey Doll

Practically Family
My husband got a titanium ring

MissHuff said:
I've noticed from a lot of friends and coworkers that they wear titanium wedding bands. Is the titanium ring the it thing? Does the gunmetalish color make it a more manly piece of jewelry? Griffer? Brian? Why did you choose a titanium ring?

I'm in the midst of wedding planning and I realized I have no clue about what kind of jewelry men like to wear. HE is used to not even wearing a watch due to the nature of his former job so he doesn't have much of an opinion on such things but now that he's in the office I'm happy to safely bring out his cufflinks, tie clip, and pocket watch along with finding him a wedding ring.

My hubby went titamium because it is a very durable metal, but quite light on his finger. It does make a nice, manly looking ring.

Honey Doll

Dan G

One of the Regulars
Phil said:
For the ring, no.
For the trumpet, I'm not the one who turns green, it's the people in my section who do. I like to think they're green with envy.

Green with envy is right! thats funnylol

RAF Man

One of the Regulars
For myself it's just plain old cuff links, a gold ring, and a watch which I can't go out without, as it is like leaving the house without an important essential piece of clothing, you just feel undressed without one, and look foolish contstantly looking at your wrist all day long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW