Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jewellery, gents?

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
I don't mind a little bit of jewelry on a man, as long as it's subtle and tasteful. My last boyfriend wore a Star of David ring everyday, and I liked that. One of my good friends started wearing a nice necklace that he bought when we were in India. I think I appreciate meaningful jewelry the most.

Watches are nice too, but I get turned off when men use them as a status symbol.

Edward

Bartender
Orgetorix said:
I'd wear a signet or claddagh ring if I had one, but nothing jeweled. Right now, though, all I wear is a wedding band.

If ever I did get married, I'd be tempted to go for a Claddagh as a wedding ring - which was, of course, its original purpose. One of my lesbians has a beautiful stylised silver one, which really looks good.

MagistrateChris

One of the Regulars
Wedding ring and watch every day. I have a simple gold chain bracelet I wear on my right wrtist occassionally, and also a POW/MIA bracelet I wear on occassion. I have a rose gold and onyx signet ring from my great-grandfather that I wear on special occassions. And, from time to time, I wear this funny neckless my Uncle Sam gave me. ;)

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Watch, Silver Braclet (If I can find it again).

Oh yea and nipple rings.... Not that people get to see that or need to know but it was asked in the first post.

be_lovely

One of the Regulars
Zig2k143 said:
Watch, Silver Braclet (If I can find it again).

Oh yea and nipple rings.... Not that people get to see that or need to know but it was asked in the first post.
yeah that silver bracelet that I BOUGHT him for Fathers day that is missing now......

Dutch McCoy

One of the Regulars
Silver wedding ring, either Cross or Ohm necklace (I alternate everyday) and either a Hebrew or Gaelic ring on my right ring finger (I alternate those, too). Oh, and my pocket watch.

Edward

Bartender
Orgetorix said:
I'm afraid to ask, but what does "my lesbians" mean?

I have an old university friend, we met doing the same classes as undergrads in Belfast. That was never an issue cause she was always out and produ from whenever I met her, but we're about as close as it's possible to be without there being anything romantic. Like siblings, kinda, I guess... Anyhow, a few years ago she got together with a then friend of hers in what has since bloomed into a beautiful, long term relationship - if ever I need a lesson about what commitment is, those two will be very high up my list of places to learn! Hence my lesbians, plural. :) It's become such a habit to refer to them that way, I forget it sounds odd to folks who don't know them. :)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Signet ring on the left pinky

If it's good enough for Patton...

patton02.jpg

Edward

Bartender
scotrace said:
If it's good enough for Patton...

patton02.jpg

I suspect multiple rings is where he and I start and stop in common ground - I'm sure if he was running the show I'd be one of the first against the wall. lol

Empyrium

One of the Regulars
i used to wear two earring on left ear when i was 14-15 yo...(im 24 today)
nothing now, not even a watch...i discovered im allergic to metals:eek:
i use a pocket watch though

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
I don't like a lot of jewlery on men. I think a man should wear a beautiful pair of cufflinks, a great watch, and if he is married, a plain gold band, and maybe a classic type of ring if he isn't.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
My friend you have an excellent eye and know how to find the good stuff. We've watched you build an amazing collection! WOW those are nice links.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
well, what can I say, I've always been good at finding deals, and I've been exposed to enough things here to know the difference between quality and junk. Still can't find a vintage suit in my size for a sane price, though.

The ones with initials that aren't "S" are going to go up on the classifieds when they get here. (so it looks like all you lucky J initialed people are going to have to keep an eye out) I wish I could get a set of cufflinks or a tie clip with my initials, but somehow, walking around with SS just doesn't appeal to me, and SCS is going to be almost impossible to find.
I absolutely love the little bowling guy set, and can't wait to get them. Same with the pearl ones (that kind is my favorite style of links visually) and the crabs (hey- I'm from maryland, and what could be more maryland than crab links?)

Edward

Bartender
Dinerman said:
but somehow, walking around with SS just doesn't appeal to me,

oops, yeah, i see your point!! lol

I'd be looking for an E, or an EM - maybe I should change the Marlowe name out for something beginning with R, and go looking for some tat connected with the monarchy here (Elizabeth Regina)? There are those who say I'm a bit of a queen anyhow lol lol - I've recently been classified as a fomo (gotta love Ugly Betty). lol

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
Gold necklace w/gold crucifix and small gold St. Peregrine Medal (Patron Saint of Cancer Patients); Gold wedding band; Small monogram/initial ring; Hamilton Ventura watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW