Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jewellery, gents?

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
How many of you fine gents wear jewellery?
Rings? Earrings? Something around the neck? Bodypiercings...:rolleyes:
And what do all the beautifull women here, think about men with jewellery??

OK - let me start.
I used to wear a earring - shape of a cock, bought in greece in the early eighties. Had the hole done there too - on Mykonos of all places. Just had to think very fast, when they asked me what ear.
But it's out now.

For no reason my wife and I have never had a weddingring.

When I travel far - or fly - I like to wear a rosary round my neck. Pure superstition - and I am a not even catholic.

I guesse my only "jewellery" is my watch.

Your turn...

griffer

Practically Family
Both ears are pieced, but I rarely wear anything in them. When I do its simple steel curved with ball endings; I used to wear gold hoops.

One necklace, an homage to Robert Smith, a replica of one of his. Rarely, and then only a weekend thing.

Some silver bracelets and black rubber, rarely worn.

Heavy silver link bracelet formed like a boat chain, not a jewelry chain. That is almost every weekend and a few weekdays. I like it.

Anymore these days, its my links and my watch that are my only jewelry.

But, I still have my tattoos and I never leave home without my knife.

My greatest piece though is a slightly worn platinum wedding band; it never comes off.

(dummy got his wedding ring wrong- wrong metal)

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
IMG_3017.jpg

from left down:
anson arrow through tie
riding crop through tie
swank sword through tie
anson fish (my favorite)
RCA/his masters voice advertising tie clip
Swank
-----
Chicago worlds fair collar bar (I've got a matching tie clip, but I can't seem to find it for the picture)
unmarked collar bar
Swank tie chain
'50's/ 60s MD state trooper tie clip
K+E slide rule tie clip
Raybestos advertising tie clip

RedPop4

One Too Many
Watch and gold wedding band.
I'd wear cufflinks if I could find inexpensive French cuff shirts, and wore ties with them. But since I don't. just the aforementioned.

griffer

Practically Family
RedPop4 said:
I'd wear cufflinks if I could find inexpensive French cuff shirts, and wore ties with them.

Marshall's- Not great shirts, but you can find them for pretty cheap.

ctshirts.com- Charles Tyrwhitt has GREAT clearance specials, especially if you are of a more 'extreme' size (edges of the ol' bell curve). You can pick up $80-$120 shirts for $40.00. And they have a no questions aasked return policy- even if you wash the shirt, wear it several times, etc. you can send it back.

MissHuff

A-List Customer
wedding band

I've noticed from a lot of friends and coworkers that they wear titanium wedding bands. Is the titanium ring the it thing? Does the gunmetalish color make it a more manly piece of jewelry? Griffer? Brian? Why did you choose a titanium ring?

I'm in the midst of wedding planning and I realized I have no clue about what kind of jewelry men like to wear. HE is used to not even wearing a watch due to the nature of his former job so he doesn't have much of an opinion on such things but now that he's in the office I'm happy to safely bring out his cufflinks, tie clip, and pocket watch along with finding him a wedding ring.

olive bleu

One Too Many
personally, i am not a huge fan of alot of jewellry on a man as in earrings , chains, etc.I do like the look of a really nice wristwatch,and rings are always ok..but can i say..i am completely gone at the sight of a man decked out in a nice suit with a flash of cufflinks!and collar bars, too.To me, that just puts an already nice suit over the moon!:)

griffer

Practically Family
D'oh! I meant platinum, I was looking at something else dealing with titanium.

Personally, I was frustrated that platinum was a modern man thing around my office, but I do not wear gold.
Period.

I have always preferred silver.

When it came to the settings and rings, silver and white gold are just too soft. Platinum is a great metal, but itsn't as hard as titanium. I prefer the platinum.

I have friends that have gotten the titanium. They pitch it for its durability and light weight, but I think precious metals should be heavy. I like being reminded of the gravity of my commitment.

Apologies for any confusion.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
I have a plain ol' yellow gold wedding band, but my brother-in-law wears one that's titanium or tungsten--something exotic and very hard. He's tough on his things, so he went for a band that would be more durable than gold, which is easy to smash, bend, or scratch.

errr, spitfire, please tell me it's shaped like a male chicken. ;)

I wear four finger rings including, you guessed it, a titanium wedding band (gold doesn't work for my aesthetic, the Baroness can't wear silver; titanium = compromise).

I have a chain around my neck bearing a Buddha and a Lourdes lady - both given to me, i ain't a religious man.

I also wear tie clips and collar bars on occasion, and more regularly cuff links.

As for other adornment i have a number of large-ish tattoos.

bk

Dapper Dan

One of the Regulars
I'm a big fan of simplicity. On a day-to-day basis, the only piece of jewelry I wear is my wristwatch. 4 out of 5 times I wear a tie, I opt for the tie clip. It adds a welcome bit of aplomb and individuality, I think, which is important when you're around a lot of business majors in cheap suits and ugly ties. I also have several pairs of cufflinks I break out when I want to look a bit more formal. I don't think wearing anymore than that is masculine.

AdmiralTofu

One of the Regulars
Spitfire said:
How many of you fine gents wear jewellery?
Rings? Earrings? Something around the neck? Bodypiercings...:rolleyes:
And what do all the beautifull women here, think about men with jewellery??

Beyond my navel piercing, the only jewelry I wear is my wristwatch -- although, I think it's debatable whether an eight-dollar Wal-Mart watch counts as "jewelry"... [huh]

I'm not much of a jewelry person, although for me it isn't out of concern for my masculinity as it is purely aesthetic. I like the clean, simplistic look I get from not wearing any. Not to say it doesn't look great on other folks; I just don't think I've ever been able to pull it off well.

-Tofu

Incidentally, whichever way you spell it... "jewellery"... "jewelry"... it's a really weird-looking word! lol

simple

I wear a wristwatch 99% of the time.

Should I get a vest at some point I will need a chain & fob for my pocket watch.

Every once in a great while i wear my Cross and about as often an onyx ring.

Cufflinks i have but don't have any french cuff shirts that fit!

Had a ear stud in the mid to late 80's but that went bye bye. my ear got itchy.[huh]

Feng_Li

A-List Customer
I wear a watch and tie clip or chain most days. Cufflinks sometimes. I used to wear a religious necklace, but I kept losing them or breaking them.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Apart from two sets of vintage 1940s cufflinks, one in black bakelite and the other silver, I wear a Pulsar watch I glommed on sale just over a year ago that looks very vintage, and two rings. My wedding ring is a plain gold band that was my Father's, which I had re-sized and which I thus doubly treasure, and I also have a rose gold pinky ring in the shape of a shield, or crest, with my initials etched into the face.

I've never really taken to necklaces or earrings for myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR