Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JL custom m200

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I've also been told it's kind of a naked finish, so it will be very soft but not so good in inclement weather. The Vermont leather is also quite soft but does have some slightly better weather resistance thanks to its finish. Since they haven't cut my jacket yet I think I'll be switching to that.

Which makes it perfect for the bay area.

The Vermont is one of those nice everyday wear type of leather that will be pleasant to wear and will work for most part of the year where we live. Hope you get your jacket soon.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
IMG_1533.JPG

Little sneak peak of the brown cxl. Man doesn't that look nice

Psant25

One Too Many
Well got the fitting... A little more work to do I am afraid. Talked to damon he is on it. I will have a stack of these cloth fittings when all is said and done if anyone needs a winter liner lol

positive note brown bison 3.5 and brown bison distressed 3.5 looks pretty good.

Still gotta think about it. Leaning toward brown cxl hh 3.5 oz. They have plenty of that in stock. Would be more uniform in grain and thickness I am sure. And match my new boots

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Just picked up my new JL jacket. It's already dark so I can't take pictures but I'll post some tomorrow AM.

The jacket fits great, I have great mobility. The 3.5 oz CXL is not that stiff to wear, I was expecting worse. It is not uncomfortable at all, I can raise my arms and cross my arms with no problem at all. If I had picked the black overdye I'm sure it will be a rougher break in with the jacket. The two way zipper works well. The back length is a little bit longer than what I had requested but it's fine as it's within tolerance and since I don't tuck my shirts in anyways.

On a different note, I also put in an order for the black German HH they offer lol

Psant25

One Too Many
Just picked up my new JL jacket. It's already dark so I can't take pictures but I'll post some tomorrow AM.

The jacket fits great, I have great mobility. The 3.5 oz CXL is not that stiff to wear, I was expecting worse. It is not uncomfortable at all, I can raise my arms and cross my arms with no problem at all. If I had picked the black overdye I'm sure it will be a rougher break in with the jacket. The two way zipper works well. The back length is a little bit longer than what I had requested but it's fine as it's within tolerance and since I don't tuck my shirts in anyways.

On a different note, I also put in an order for the black German HH they offer lol
Nice man looking forward to pics. I think you were in when I called damon haha

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Yep, that was me haha hope he called you right away as there was another customer who stepped in right away after I placed my new order

Here's a poor photo. The hide is very rich, smooth, not a lot of grain to start with but that's fine by me. I might have to come by at a later date to have side adjusters placed or have them trim the waist/hem.

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Psant25

One Too Many
Yep, that was me haha hope he called you right away as there was another customer who stepped in right away after I placed my new order

Here's a poor photo. The hide is very rich, smooth, not a lot of grain to start with but that's fine by me. I might have to come by at a later date to have side adjusters placed or have them trim the waist/hem.

View attachment 280021

View attachment 280022
Very cool. Yeah side adjusters might be nice. I think that sells me on the brown cxl looks great !

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Very cool. Yeah side adjusters might be nice. I think that sells me on the brown cxl looks great !

Yeah I think so too on the side adjusters, it's looks/feels like it's missing something.

Yes, the current stock of 3.5oz cxl they have is this dark shade and a lighter shade of brown.

Psant25

One Too Many
For my fitting the narrow shoulders 19 in were spot on. The smaller arm opening was great. The reduced neck opening was a good idea @navetsea. The body length was about the same and I asked for plus 1 in. The sleeves were 23.5 inches, whoops, shoulda been 25.5 or a little more. And there was some miscommunication on how to lower the back yolk. I had wanted the whole yolk dropped 1 inch not just the center of the yolk dipped. Hope the next fit jacket ships soon damon said monday ish. Lotta time and thought on my end and some time, cost, and labor on their end. I do not want a 1000 dollar jacket showing up all wonky and neither do they I am sure. Although i am not very patient and i want this jacket i am glad they are doing another cloth fitting.

TheDonEffect

Practically Family

Oh no you didn't! What style you going with?

View attachment 280021

View attachment 280022

Looks great! At first I was encouraged about the leather being more flexible, then you said the overdie will be worse so fml lol.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Yes, good thing to follow up. I had a last second change about the chest pocket placement and main zipper hardware but it was not changed on the final jacket. I don't really mind as the jacket fits well and it's well made

Psant25

One Too Many
Yes, good thing to follow up. I had a last second change about the chest pocket placement and main zipper hardware but it was not changed on the final jacket. I don't really mind as the jacket fits well and it's well made
Would be a big deal to some. Lotta of moving parts. I know I had numerous emails with changes and questions. A lot to keep straight. But that is the business.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Oh nice touch with the side entry chest pocket btw.

It's different huh, I had actually planned to change it to a regular chest pocket but that didn't go through but i think it doesn't look out of place lol

Oh no you didn't! What style you going with?

I know right! Could not help myself, that hide is nice,

Looks great! At first I was encouraged about the leather being more flexible, then you said the overdie will be worse so fml lol.

The front will be like the sample on their IG page but the hand warmers will have zipper closure. It will have a two piece back, just a simple western yoke. The sleeves will have zipper closure on the inner part of the sleeve

Yeah it will be stiffer and heavier according to Damon so I'm also glad I didn't go ahead with that as the brown cxl is really lovely stuff

Oh just FYI Damon has small stock of the Horween Vermont that he is saving (for himself lol?) I'd say it's closer to seal brown (really dark rich brown, almost black, really nice stuff)

That skin is so gorgeous it had me second guessing if I wanted another brown shade jacket or get the black German HH lol

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
I think the reason why there's so much catch and release jackets is that people normally have to buy and try, and then realize it doesn't fit, and then up for sale it goes.

When I get my suits made, it's a 3 fitting minimum, and wool is a much more predictable material than leather.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Would be a big deal to some. Lotta of moving parts. I know I had numerous emails with changes and questions. A lot to keep straight. But that is the business.

Yes, definitely. Looks like Damon cuts the pattern and other staff of the team sews the jacket. Maybe have him call you to confirm details before they cut the jacket.

I always liked an idea of having two way zippers and vertical chest pocket and that was my original plan anyways so I lucked out and I still really like it.

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
It's different huh, I had actually planned to change it to a regular chest pocket but that didn't go through but i think it doesn't look out of place lol

Yeah it will be stiffer and heavier according to Damon

Oh just FYI Damon has small stock of the Horween Vermont that he is saving (for himself lol?) I'd say it's closer to seal brown (really dark rich brown, almost black, really nice stuff)

That skin is so gorgeous it had me second guessing if I wanted another brown shade jacket or get the black German HH lol

I could see people not liking the vertical pocket because it make look like an athletic shell jacket or something, but frankly I think it makes the jacket. So many a2 jackets, so that subtle touch really makes it unique without slapping you in the face about it.

That vermont leather sounds... Interesting... I have been sorta thinking about maybe going with a dark dark brown which would accomplish the same teacore effect as well... Hmm how did it feel?

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I could see people not liking the vertical pocket because it make look like an athletic shell jacket or something, but frankly I think it makes the jacket. So many a2 jackets, so that subtle touch really makes it unique without slapping you in the face about it.

That vermont leather sounds... Interesting... I have been sorta thinking about maybe going with a dark dark brown which would accomplish the same teacore effect as well... Hmm how did it feel?

My though with going with the vertical pockets is for accessibility and function. I can easily fit my cell phone or wallet on the chest pocket.

Yep that specific dark brown Vermont leather is not dyed through so it will show lighter brown tones with wear. Call JL about it or see it in person.
It's veg tanned so it has a soft feel (similar feel with the German HH). I think it will drape and wear well. If I don't already have 2 seal brown jackets I would have gotten that lol

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
My though with going with the vertical pockets is for accessibility and function. I can easily fit my cell phone or wallet on the chest pocket.

Yep that specific dark brown Vermont leather is not dyed through so it will show lighter brown tones with wear. Call JL about it or see it in person.
It's veg tanned so it has a soft feel (similar feel with the German HH). I think it will drape and wear well. If I don't already have 2 seal brown jackets I would have gotten that lol

Totally, I dig the vertical pocket, plus I bet it looks up the look too and shows off the zipper in a good way.

Ugh, now I gotta see this leather, I mean I already got a black jacket, so maybe I should go brown. The overdye to my eye already looks like a dark brown too. Ugh decisions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner