Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JL custom m200

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Totally, I dig the vertical pocket, plus I bet it looks up the look too and shows off the zipper in a good way.

Ugh, now I gotta see this leather, I mean I already got a black jacket, so maybe I should go brown. The overdye to my eye already looks like a dark brown too. Ugh decisions.

Thanks man! Yeah the shiny brass is nice, glad I went with that instead of the antique one.

Yes go see it. It's nice, i like it more than the black overdye. Plus it's really dark/rich it will pair with lots of outfit. It's a good option

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Still overcast here but the sun was out for a little bit so I got some pictures in of the brown cxl.

Most likely will have side adjusters placed. Also thinking of shortening the jacket by an inch (maybe), by possibly having the bottom portion of the waist band removed.

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Psant25

One Too Many
Leather looks great @Jin431 !

i think the length works. I like a little shorter jacket. At least you have the two way should not be an issue sitting

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
God dang that leather looks friggin sweet, sorta reminiscient of shell cordovan but with all that pull up.

They nailed the shoulder for you. The length looks good to me but I can see why you may want to shorten it by an inch, and while we're really nitpicking it could be tapered just a smidge to V you out a little bit, but frankly I wouldn't touch it, it's a great and flattering fit, looks good. Post more pics of the jacket details.

Btw, seeing the jacket on you, the vertical chest pocket really works.

Sweet jacket man, wear it in good healthy!

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Leather looks great @Jin431 !

i think the length works. I like a little shorter jacket. At least you have the two way should not be an issue sitting

Thank you. Yes, the 2 way zipper helps but I'll have them shave an inch off on the bottom hem next time I come visit. It kinda feels/looks off there. Hope there is good news on your order.

looks great Jin. I bet that brown will age beautifully.

Thanks, man. I hope so too, I'm in awe of the brown cxl. No way the black cxl I had can compare to this.

I love the collar!

Thank you! Much appreciated @Marc mndt. Hope the badalassi project is progressing well.

God dang that leather looks friggin sweet, sorta reminiscient of shell cordovan but with all that pull up.

They nailed the shoulder for you. The length looks good to me but I can see why you may want to shorten it by an inch, and while we're really nitpicking it could be tapered just a smidge to V you out a little bit, but frankly I wouldn't touch it, it's a great and flattering fit, looks good. Post more pics of the jacket details.

Btw, seeing the jacket on you, the vertical chest pocket really works.

Sweet jacket man, wear it in good healthy!

Yes, the leather is something else. Lucky they gave me this dark shade of the brown cxl. Thanks man, my thoughts exactly. It's a little too straight (19" waist/bottom hem), my fault because I shied away from having side adjusters placed in the first place lol and didn't want to taper too much as I was afraid of the jacket being too snug

The vertical chest pocket is growing on me. I was kinda having an uh oh what have I ordered moment at first but it's definitely getting better with time. It helps that I don't see it too lol

Not a lot going on with the liner . It's just a green ripstop in the shell and satin sleeves.

nice jacket and a little shorter, even nicer ;)

Yes, will have the length addressed and will request side adjusters placed. Should I request the placement on the bottom hem or the waist?

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, will have the length addressed and will request side adjusters placed. Should I request the placement on the bottom hem or the waist?
I think you will find they are much more useful when placed at the waist. Adjusters at the bottom hem don’t really do much to help the fit, in fact they often create sort of a balloon effect when they are tightened too much.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
^^ thank you, got it. Also thinking about that as I've seen some aero hwm/phwm with the same ballooning effect on the midriff area. I actually have a phwm on order so I'm afraid I'll have that same issue. Im thinking of getting a size smaller in the waist/hem, do you think that might help?

I think you will find they are much more useful when placed at the waist. Adjusters at the bottom hem don’t really do much to help the fit, in fact they often create sort of a balloon effect when they are tightened too much.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here

I agree.
I think the side adjusters on the bottom hem only work if the jacket is very short or you want a blouson effect.
The adjusters at the waist really have to sit at the natural waistline. To low they produce a balloon effect too when the adjusters are actually used.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Agreed, go with waist unless the bottom is near the belt line like a perfecto.

I agree.
I think the side adjusters on the bottom hem only work if the jacket is very short or you want a blouson effect.
The adjusters at the waist really have to sit at the natural waistline. To low they produce a balloon effect too when the adjusters are actually used.

Oh man this jacket is BAD ASS!!!

Yes, thank you. most likely will have D ring side adjusters at the waist placed or whatever JL recommends.

Thanks guys

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Sample of the seal(dark brown) Horween Vermont horsehide. Similar to aeros Vicenza leather. That hide looks nice up close. JL has been winning, that updated website looks good too.

Horween Dark Brown.jpg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Still overcast here but the sun was out for a little bit so I got some pictures in of the brown cxl.

Most likely will have side adjusters placed. Also thinking of shortening the jacket by an inch (maybe), by possibly having the bottom portion of the waist band removed.

View attachment 280221

View attachment 280222

View attachment 280225

View attachment 280223

View attachment 280224
looks great the neck and shoulder is also perfect, wear the jacket a bit before deciding to crop the hem, now the puller of the bottom slider is sitting flush with the hem which looks neat, I bet the area under the handwarmer to the belting around the hem will crease up as you sit and do other things while the jacket zipped, and the jacket will look shorter as result in no time probably. of if you shorten the jacket also have the zipper moved up a bit and shortened so the puller of the bottom slider remains flush with the new hem

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Sample of the seal(dark brown) Horween Vermont horsehide. Similar to aeros Vicenza leather. That hide looks nice up close. JL has been winning, that updated website looks good too.

View attachment 283432
JL does make beautiful jackets and I would love to get one and experience their patterns and build quality. But If I'd buy one of these I'd also be paying shipping costs to Europe, 10% import duties, 21% tax, clearance costs and currency conversion fees. Adding it all up I'd be paying €1400 for a $1000 dollar jacket. I can almost buy two Aero jackets for the same money. Or a Thedi with bells and whistles.

Import duties suck :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ