Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JL custom m200

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is true but I’m not on IG everyday...it’s a bit...D-baggy for me but maybe that’s just my feed.
Me too. I’ll check back from time to time to see if their new website is online but so far nothing.
It’s threads like this one actually that do a lot to raise the profile of JL and make me curious about trying another order with them.

Hh121

Banned
I prefer a more shiny/deeper black. I am worried the overdye will be a little dull and flat. What do you think? It is hard to tell in pics on the internet.
unfortunately it is dull and flat (I prefer not use those words but also failed to find other words to describe) , it has some sheen under the sunlight. I have asked Horween the black CXL doesn't has pull up effect like other colors because of the pigments of black carries.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
I prefer a more shiny/deeper black. I am worried the overdye will be a little dull and flat. What do you think? It is hard to tell in pics on the internet.

Yep the horse black overdye I tried on at the store is definitely not as shiny compared to the regular black cxl trucker that was close to it. Damon did tell me he uses the left over hides and he tumbled it with baseballs so that may be part of it.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
You bet! The aero horween black cxl I had was pretty shiny/rich, It was cool to see brown come through on heavy contact areas and so easy to recondition them if you want to keep it shiny/deeper color. I'm sure your project will turn out well

Psant25

One Too Many
I have been thinking about the neck opening @navetsea . I think in part due to my tiny neck but also compared to my aero jackets JL neck opening is larger. I asked if they make the neck hole smaller by 1/2 inch all around.

Not sure how easy or difficult it would be. If they followed the same angle of the top front panel it would make the collar higher i think and might throw it off more.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
i think the side gap is more noticeable giving the neck hole too big look on a jacket, sometime the neck hole doesn't need to made smaller at all just the collar a bit more slant on the side and front. so they need to modify the curve of the bottom of the collar that will be joined to the neck hole of the jacket so it is at more leaner angle on the side and front compared to the back of the neck. so the top of the collar then would rest on your neck lightly wont stand vertically away from your neck.

Psant25

One Too Many
i think the side gap is more noticeable giving the neck hole too big look on a jacket, sometime the neck hole doesn't need to made smaller at all just the collar a bit more slant on the side and front. so they need to modify the curve of the bottom of the collar that will be joined to the neck hole of the jacket so it is at more leaner angle on the side and front compared to the back of the neck. so the top of the collar then would rest on your neck lightly wont stand vertically away from your neck.

sounds good not sure how to ask that or have them do it. They had gotten back to me and said they can make the neck opening smaller prlly will jus do that and see how fit jacket comes out. Each mod im doing adds to price and it is going up and up. decided to add a lower front band that was 40. And with my track record of flipping jackets and JL pretty poor resale value not really worth it unless I lived near JL and could do multiple fittings.

Psant25

One Too Many
At this time since I have a great black tumbled cxl zip sleeve HWYman from aero i am leaning toward dark brown naked cow for this one do not have any brown leather jackets at present and too many brown boots lol

Psant25

One Too Many
I think just give them the number and they would figure it out not too loose, not too tight, juuust riiight
I think one could I probably will jus roll with what I had said. Langlitz for example asks for that measurement along with many others.

Psant25

One Too Many
Just talked to damon I was telling him I was now thinking brown and thus their wonderful supple brown naked cow 3.5 oz.

he said oh brown you want I have a 3.5 oz brown dark horween cxl hh stocked.

Oh boy lol it never ends

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Just talked to damon I was telling him I was now thinking brown and thus their wonderful supple brown naked cow 3.5 oz.

he said oh brown you want I have a 3.5 oz brown dark horween cxl hh stocked.

Oh boy lol it never ends

That should be nice, hope you get a sample of it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner