Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JL custom m200

Just talked to damon I was telling him I was now thinking brown and thus their wonderful supple brown naked cow 3.5 oz.

he said oh brown you want I have a 3.5 oz brown dark horween cxl hh stocked.

Oh boy lol it never ends
It ends. But not for long...
12AFC67C-FB57-41A9-98AF-06851AB3DE55.gif

Hh121

Banned
sample is useless, mail me the 40 sqft leather you are gonna use to my jacket I will pay the shipping , I am gonna mark the area that I want for different panel of jacket.

Psant25

One Too Many
The wait time means more changes made for the JL...

i am going to delete the shoulder gussets and add a single point dipped western yolk lining up with the sleeve seam.

i can always add gussets depending on fit jacket how it comes out

couple weeks yet or less hopefully ...

still leaning toward brown naked heavy cow nice and comfortable out the box

Psant25

One Too Many
^^ too bad about the over dye but the naked cow really hugged me when I tried it on haha
Yeah, i need a brown one and I think it will be too similar to my aero. Who knows I have been known to change my mind once or twice

Psant25

One Too Many
Whatever hide you go with, it will still be great either way. I get fitted for my mock up jacket early next month and should get my custom jacket around 11-8-20
Glad it is custom and I am going with a fit jacket. I do think they could “modernize” some of their patters like they did with a type iii and half belt. some narrowing of the shoulder, trimmer sleeves, added length. If that was the case I think I would just fit a stock m200 better and they might sell more of them too

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Glad it is custom and I am going with a fit jacket. I do think they could “modernize” some of their patters like they did with a type iii and half belt. some narrowing of the shoulder, trimmer sleeves, added length. If that was the case I think I would just fit a stock m200 better and they might sell more of them too
The stock m200 I tried really was a nice one and I am with you on that assessment. They can Add it to their stock if they want to and it will be for the better

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Yes, Im sticking with my original plan to have have the 3.5oz black overdye. I want to try getting patina on a black jacket but don't want to work too hard or wait years to get to it considering my jacket rotation.

roadking04

Practically Family
Yes, Im sticking with my original plan to have have the 3.5oz black overdye. I want to try getting patina on a black jacket but don't want to work too hard or wait years to get to it considering my jacket rotation.

Me too Jin. Hopefully the black overdye arrives soon.

I think I need a brown jacket leaning toward their stock brown naked cow 3.5 oz or horween brown cxl 3.5

just waiting for my turn for my fit jacket. Initially was around 6 weeks so should be soon

I've never seen any samples of their brown leather. I am not a big fan of naked leather, especially for a riding jacket. JMO. I'm sure you can't go wrong with Horween. Either way, you should rock it. You have your fit and measurements dialed in. Hope you are enjoying your new MC. How can you not!

Psant25

One Too Many
Me too Jin. Hopefully the black overdye arrives soon.

I've never seen any samples of their brown leather. I am not a big fan of naked leather, especially for a riding jacket. JMO. I'm sure you can't go wrong with Horween. Either way, you should rock it. You have your fit and measurements dialed in. Hope you are enjoying your new MC. How can you not!
Thanks! This will be mainly casual. I had the brown cow a couple times and i usually add a conditioner/protector to it like what JL recommends which is leather honey i believe. Handled snow sleet rain quite well in norther wisconsin

roadking04

Practically Family
^aaahhhwwww yyyeeeaaaa! Looks great! Love the solo seat look.

I only had 1 experience with a naked hide. I had a Fox Creek vest. I never treated it or conditioned it with anything. It really soaked up the water and took forever to dry out. Plus the sun faded the black to a grey. I probably should have taken better care of it. Naked hide is very comfortable straight from the box, as you know. Can't wait to see it.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Me too Jin. Hopefully the black overdye arrives soon.]

Yes, we'll get to show it here maybe 4-5 weeks from now.
I considered getting a vintage jacket but I don't want to deal with cleaning/repairing years of wear or not getting the fit I want as it might get more costly and time consuming if I have to flip jackets As well.

@Psant25 thats super cool bike. Wish I grew up around motorcycles or people who ride lol

Psant25

One Too Many
^aaahhhwwww yyyeeeaaaa! Looks great! Love the solo seat look.

I only had 1 experience with a naked hide. I had a Fox Creek vest. I never treated it or conditioned it with anything. It really soaked up the water and took forever to dry out. Plus the sun faded the black to a grey. I probably should have taken better care of it. Naked hide is very comfortable straight from the box, as you know. Can't wait to see it.
Yeah i love the seat. Gives me plenty of room for my legs and the seat is soooo comfy! I was nervous i basically put money down on the bike site unseen never tried a seat like that but always wanted one. Always loved the big seat and rider position of all those old vintage Harleys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider