Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joan Collins says British women have given up trying to look good.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Currently she is a working actress her latest production was released 19 July 2009 (USA) Marple: They Do It with Mirrors. Joan Collins has been signed as the official spokeswoman of Cellex-C Cosmaceuticals’ Age•Less 15™ Skin Signaling Serum, a skincare technology that offers an approach to maintaining youthful looking skin. The selection of Ms. Collins was announced by Meagan McLellan, President of Cellex-C Cosmaceuticals, Inc. Ms. Collins will appear in all future Cellex-C Age•Less 15™ Skin Signaling Serum marketing, publicity and advertising campaigns.

She is hardly considered a former glamor girl, but, an example of a beautiful woman by today's standards.

When I consider her past career I have nothing but respect for this woman who dares to compete in the youth driven industry in which she is involved. I hope I have her attitude and drive when I reach her age. :)

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
When I think of what happened to poor, gorgeous Isabella Rossellini, I'm happy that Ms. Collins has managed to get herself a gig with a cosmetics company.

edited to add: Of course, if the majority of her 'look' has been achieved via surgical techniques rather than topically applied concoctions, one might be tempted to call false advertising...

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Carlisle Blues said:
Currently she is a working actress her latest production was released 19 July 2009 (USA) Marple: They Do It with Mirrors. Joan Collins has been signed as the official spokeswoman of Cellex-C Cosmaceuticals’ Age•Less 15™ Skin Signaling Serum, a skincare technology that offers an approach to maintaining youthful looking skin. The selection of Ms. Collins was announced by Meagan McLellan, President of Cellex-C Cosmaceuticals, Inc. Ms. Collins will appear in all future Cellex-C Age•Less 15™ Skin Signaling Serum marketing, publicity and advertising campaigns.

She is hardly considered a former glamor girl, but, an example of a beautiful woman by today's standards.

When I consider her past career I have nothing but respect for this woman who dares to compete in the youth driven industry in which she is involved. I hope I have her attitude and drive when I reach her age. :)

I never said she wasn't working. I never said she hasn't had a fine career. Nor did I say she wasn't beautiful, motivated etc.

But she is not a current household name, except when she gets paid to be.

Socially relevant is not taking a large payoff to hawk cremes and serums.

Brummagem Joe

Familiar Face
Ethan Bentley said:
I wonder what any man aspiring to be a gentleman would find it good manners to criticise any lady on their dress; not least generalise a whole city or nation whether it be the UK, the US or wherever.

I also do not believe that Miss Collins' inelegant comments, can be excused by the caveat that she herself is from Britain.

.........you win a prize for pomposity but not for your grammar alas

Foofoogal

Banned
i have one word. baywatch. we could talk about her. :rolleyes:
or not.
Lets get back to vintage shall we?

I found a huge Manhattan pattern bowl today. I am very happy.

Talbot

One Too Many
Never ceases to amaze me...

A minor celebrity says something controversial and everyone gets all het up.

Works every time, sigh.

Foofoogal, can you post a pic of your bowl?

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Joan Collins! Mend your nasty ways! [bad]

This is what a 76 year old lady has to look like! Didn't you know that Joan?

Beverly Hillbillies Granny ( I have nothing against that look and to each it's own but....)[huh]
untitled-13.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
What Joan says in the link is about caring about oneself enough to take care of what you've got instead of letting it go. Putting one's best foot forward, if that as a lady means wearing a little makeup and being nicely dressed rather than looking like you are ready for high school PE class, dressing like a strumpet, or even ready to clean out the rain gutters- I'm all for it!

Looking well put together and well dressed for oneself and others as Joan suggests is about self care- and doing the work and the effort of self maintenance; mental, spiritual, AND physical to make the best of what one has been blessed with.

Being a high maintenance lady myself at age 51, I'm working on trying to aging well- not wanting to try to age 'younger' (via surgery or botox, etc.) or dress younger than I am. I do not dress like a slob. That would be an insult to myself AND my husband -who btw appreciates the efforts that I take. To me, that means regular skin care, yeah even getting my nails done on occasion, good hairstyling, makeup, attractive clothes, doing Pilates, swimming and trying to eat healthy. What is wrong with that? Both of our children notice and appreciate how nicely their Mom looks, especially our 15yo daughter.

Its just like the 8th grade English teacher at our kids' middle school- every day he wears a dress shirt, a tie, dress trousers with polished shoes. He is always well groomed. When I asked him about that, he said "someone needs to set an example." Hear hear!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I agree with you completely CB (surprise!), Joan looks terrific. One could say the same about Helen Mirren - another elegant and beautiful lady.
helen_mirren.jpg
Btw, I want this dress!

Joan's obviously a high maintenance lady who puts the time and effort in and it shows.

Carlisle Blues said:
To many of us Joan Collins is all that is possible and positive about aging. Yes, she was born beautiful, but more significantly through the course of a long, very active and public life, she has with seeming effortlessness maintained an enviable image of beauty and glamor.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I'm a firm believer in the benefits of topically applied concoctions! I love my "lotions and potions" as I call them. Yes, I have my favorite aesthetician at Nordstrom on my "team"! I only started actively and conscientiously taking care of my skin at age forty. I only wish I had started at a much younger age.

ThesFlishThngs said:
edited to add: Of course, if the majority of her 'look' has been achieved via surgical techniques rather than topically applied concoctions, one might be tempted to call false advertising...

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Just let Joan give her a makeover...:)

HadleyH said:
Joan Collins! Mend your nasty ways! [bad]

This is what a 76 year old lady has to look like! Didn't you know that Joan?

Beverly Hillbillies Granny ( I have nothing against that look and to each it's own but....)[huh]
untitled-13.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic