Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jos. A. Bank Suits

anselmo1

One of the Regulars
I haven't been to Jos. A Bank in years ever since their clothing started to be made in Mexico and China. Did notice they are giving away suits:

33249571_o.jpg

What is the quality like regarding these suits on sale? Is it worth the drive to check them out?

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

I hate to be critical, but I am not a fan. They have generic styling, boxy fit, marginal quality, and they are always on sale, so, what's the point?

I would keep an eye on more eclectic offerings at Nordstrum and Sak's outlets.

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Jos. A. Bank = Prep Vanilla

The firm was founded in Baltimore, Maryland & was a private company for many, many years. They were the king's of the off the rack 3 button pin stripe banker/lawyer suit & club/rep ties minus the Brooks Brothers $$.

Today they have expanded all over the place if your looking for a generic prep look without the Brooks $$ or Polo $$$ they may be worth a shot. [huh]

SC :rolleyes:

Ps Have I bought their stuff in the past, YES!
Have I bought their stuff recently, NO!

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I like their suit separates for a couple of reasons. They offer patterns that can be hard to find anywhere else. My favorite reason is that they are one of the few vendors to offer coats in a 46 Short. Most shorts stop at 44. They also offer long rise pants, which is great for a vintage look. They actually come up to my navel!

I might add that I have to buy suit separates anywhere I shop, because I wear a 46 Short coat, and a 44 Long rise in the pants. Standard suits at any shop will never have the two pieces that fit me.

I have to buy my suits for less than $200, as I don't have the kind of money to spend on better suits. For the money, these are fine, and offer things I can't get at departments stores.

Brad

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Jos. A bank Shopping Experience

Brad,

That's a good specific endorsement for their products. In the past I've found store sales staff to be helpfull & sizes easy to locate. For me cost is always an issue & they do offer value for the dollar.

SC ;)

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
I have a Jos. A. Bank Signature suit, and I quite like it. Mind you, I got it on eBay for $50, brand-spanking-new (seriously, absolutely brand-new). Seems like I got a good deal. :)

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Bank Prices $

Kevin,

The company has had a huge store expansion location of the past several years. Every time I walk by the stores I see very few customers inside, BUT overall the company is supposed (???) to be showing a healthy profit. [huh]

I wouldn't be surprised that Ebay sales of their stuff is really cutting into the old profit margin. :eek:

SC ;)

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
I needed a modern, bland suit for job interviewing and I ended up getting one there. Why spend the money on a kind of suit that I don't normally wear? I too liked the fact they offered suit separates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass