Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Julie Leitch 25 years at Aero Leather

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Thank you Julie! You made my J106 and it's still the best one I've handled, or had privledge of wearing. Excellent work and here's to 25 more years of what is obviously a labor of love! :)

My very first Aero, a CR was made by Julie. I remember spending hours staring at it and going over every detail and wondering how on earth something could be so well made. Congratulations to Julie, she is an artist with incredible skill!

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I did see the Facebook page but congratulations on 25 years at Aero. My latest, a Thunderbay made by Julie is superb. Though it takes a great team to create good moral, and good moral creates a great workforce which make great products.Thanks Julie, and the whole Aero team.

dan_t

Practically Family
Like many others, I also own a couple of Julie's masterpieces.
A custom Sheene & custom Sunburst Halfbelt.
Funny thing is that with the stellar build quality & materials used, pretty much each of Julie's 14,000 jackets will all outlast her. What a legacy to leave behind!!!

I remember seeing a couple of relatively highly priced Aeros on the 'bay, where the sellers really made a point of making sure that it is well understood the jacket was made by JL and both times it sold very quickly. Always wondered if Julie's name really had the effect on the sale.

Cocker

Practically Family
Congratulations, Julie! As some stated, it's really great to see Aero putting forward their workers like this!

I remember seeing a couple of relatively highly priced Aeros on the 'bay, where the sellers really made a point of making sure that it is well understood the jacket was made by JL and both times it sold very quickly. Always wondered if Julie's name really had the effect on the sale.
I mentioned it in the sale of my CR and j-106!

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
English isn't great with gender of objects, but in most languages that don't use "it" to describe things, jackets would be feminine and thus "Daughters of Julie Leitch" would be more appropriate.
Que? The "it" refers to the title, not the jackets. "Daughters of Julie Leitch?" Well, I'm as open-minded as the next, um, guy.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Que? The "it" refers to the title, not the jackets. "Daughters of Julie Leitch?" Well, I'm as open-minded as the next, um, guy.
No, they are just jackets, they may be lovely jackets but neither male nor female in English. Now the French! Thats another matter. And why do restaurant staff refer to women as 'Guys' AAAAGH! DONT GET ME STARTED:mad:
Sorry Julie, this is 'your thread'.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

I assumed that in "Sons of Julie Leitch" "sons" described the jackets born from Julies hands.

In English a jacket doesn't have a gender. In most languages that use genders for objects (French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese...) a jacket is feminine.
Thus the jackets are daughters, not sons...

Here, we call our cars, boats, etc. "she, girls, ladies, etc". But it's more slang/lazy than a grammatical thing - and depending on who you are around, some females may find it offensive, but then, half of what you say today can be twisted into being "offensive".

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Here, we call our cars, boats, etc. "she, girls, ladies, etc". But it's more slang/lazy than a grammatical thing - and depending on who you are around, some females may find it offensive, but then, half of what you say today can be twisted into being "offensive".

I know, and i always find that weird, it's really an American thing, not much of that around here in the UK.
Its even weirder when people give feminine names to masculine objects, like boats, trucks, airplanes...

Maybe it's just because my first language is french and we use gender for objects.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
In the age of the disposable commodity and cheaply-made throw-away merchandise, here is real artistry at work. Good on you Julie! I'm gunning for my second Aero next year, with folks like Julie crafting such fine jackets i know the product I receive will be worth every penny. I've been at my job 29 years . . . would I were so youthful-looking as Julie!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner