Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Julie Leitch 25 years at Aero Leather

Cooperson

One Too Many
IMG_0648.JPG

Just spotted this on Aero's Facebook page, Julie Leitch celebrating 25 years at Aero. Its estimated she's machined 14,000 jackets, I'm surprised she's got any any fingers left!
What an achievement though, respect!

https://www.facebook.com/aeroleatherclothing/posts/1661146237235449:0

You guys sure that's Julie?? Heh, I wanted to comment something about her starting to work when she was five but I can see that others have already noted how young she looks. Seriously, wouldn't give her a day over 30. My first Aero was by Julie. An MC jacket that's so damn nice that it is now under the product description. I had to let go of it 'cause I messed up the size as usual, tho... But it was my first jacket. Live and learn. Now I really hope my CR will be made by Julie!

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
How does one determine who made their jacket? When I received my LHB it had a tag attached that provided the style, size and Made by (RSM). Not sure who RSM is but I sure would like to thank him/her directly. The construction, hides used and overall quality is as perfect as humanly possible. Maybe when I conveyed my satisfaction to Holly about the jacket she passed my comment to RSM.

And yes, the woman pictured at the top of this thread is extremely youthful looking for having worked at Aero for 25 years. As Monitor noted, she looks maybe 30 years of age if that. Maybe working inside for such a long time reverses the aging process!

Yeah, I had a RSM jacket, too. I really loved the one by Moira Mac, though. That was my fav.

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
Congrats to Julie.
I have several Aeros made by her. An exceptional craftsman IMO.
HD

Mickiemac...look for the sewers nametag in one of the pockets.

Thanks for the tip - I checked and there's a small tag sewn into the inside zip chest pocket. It contains the date, number and maker (RSM) - no full name. Maybe someone from Aero will see this thread and chime in. Just wondering if they have child labor laws over in Scotland since our Julie obviously started assembling jackets at the ripe old age of 5!

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Maybe we could start her own thread: Sons of Julie Leitch. Has a certain ring to it.

English isn't great with gender of objects, but in most languages that don't use "it" to describe things, jackets would be feminine and thus "Daughters of Julie Leitch" would be more appropriate.

Cooperson

One Too Many
Some might recall some slight issues I had with my Premier 30's halfbelt order :) Julie got involved and the result was a jacket that was tailored and stitched to perfection. As someone who builds acoustic guitars as a hobby, I appreciate fine work. In the world of leather jacket production, I'd say Julie's work is as good as it gets!

Witchtrip

One of the Regulars
Julie made my glorious Premier Highwayman and it's a work of art. Seriously, the skill needed to manipulate and flawlessly sew CXL is nothing short of pure artistry. I express my deepest thanks and pride in owning one of her pieces. Congratulations Julie! You've made a lot of people very happy!

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Add me to the list of lucky people Julie had made jackets for. Pretty sure she made 3 of my current 4 and they are all perfection.

wdw

One Too Many
Congrats to Julie. She made 6 or 7 of my jackets and I've had the pleasure of meeting her a few times in the factory. Hard to believe she's done 25 years, though.

The fact that she stood by Ken and his family when times got tough says a lot about her character, so well done for that too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner