Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just Ordered...My First Fedora!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Mustang said:
Here's a photo of the inside of my hat from a diifferent perspective than you're probably used to. While snowboarding in the back yard with the kids: :eusa_doh: :D
SnowboardingwithmyFedoraXXX.jpg

Indiana Jones, I'm not!
lol lol lol :eek: lol lol lol

The Outlaw Kyle

One of the Regulars
Great hat mustang. I have the same hat in carbon grey, and it's my every day driver. What part of the state are you from? I'm north of Grand Rapids, in the Rockford area.

Mustang

One of the Regulars
The Outlaw Kyle said:
Great hat mustang. I have the same hat in carbon grey, and it's my every day driver. What part of the state are you from? I'm north of Grand Rapids, in the Rockford area.

Thanks. About 25 miles North of Midland

Mustang

One of the Regulars
"Diamond Crease"

I tried a diamond crease today. I like the look, maybe not quite as much as the standard crease I started with, but I did like it. I did, however, encounter a problem with the fit. It feels like it is just barely sitting on my head. So I've ruled that one out, unless there's something I'm doing wrong. [huh]

The Outlaw Kyle

One of the Regulars
I like to ware my hat low I guess, because the only shape that works, with out being popped out, is is a nice tear drop with a medium front pinch. Centerdent, diamond, even cattleman seem to deep, and use up more space then my massive gord will allow. My Campdraft has a little more room, and I can have a deeper shape to it.

I have found that some of the shapes you can do to a hat look good UNTIL you put them on your head, and then they look funny. This is about as good as it gets for now:

484863692_6df18dc727.jpg

921356729_f9a9e8460c.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the taper, but I can live with it. Some day, in the sweet by and by, I'll get me one of them fancy VS hats. Till then, I toil away with this.

Mustang

One of the Regulars
From one Michigander to another...nice hat ;)

I prefer my hats to ride lower as well. It feels more secure on my head, I guess [huh]. Plus, the lower they are, the better they block the sun (this coming from a guy who lives in a relatively cloudy state :D)

Mustang

One of the Regulars
I've finally arrived!

I finally had my first "Hey, Indiana Jones" comment yesterday. I explained to her that I've been expecting that comment since getting the hat, but she had the distinct honor of being the first. lol

Also, I just realized I had not taken a good photo of the crease, so here it is:
Fedora002.jpg

I also noticed the bash on mine isn't near as deep as it is on the photo Rockbottom uploaded.[huh]

Any suggestions or comments are appreciated.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Mustang, I considered the Sydney but tonight ordered another Federation.
In grey this time. I like the look of your hat but I have a Fed already in black and had to do it again in another color. I think I'll go with a teardrop on my new one, my black Fed is in a diamond crease. I agree with your comment about "I'll have to get more fedoras..." Its an addiction for sure!

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
The Outlaw Kyle said:
I'm not a big fan of the taper, but I can live with it. Some day, in the sweet by and by, I'll get me one of them fancy VS hats. Till then, I toil away with this.

IMHO, a little bit of taper is OK to have ... It's what gives the Sydney its casual aura. I love my Federation, but I feel more self-conscious in it because of the tall straight sides. It's much more "formal feeling" than the softer, lower, and slightly tapered Sydney.

Mustang

One of the Regulars
KY Gentleman said:
Mustang, I considered the Sydney but tonight ordered another Federation.
In grey this time. I like the look of your hat but I have a Fed already in black and had to do it again in another color. I think I'll go with a teardrop on my new one, my black Fed is in a diamond crease. I agree with your comment about "I'll have to get more fedoras..." Its an addiction for sure!

Can't say that I blame ya'. I kind of wish I would have bought a Federation. All those photos of Loungers wearing tall crowned fedoras has affected my preferences :eusa_doh: . Plus, it seems there is more room to allow for different creases [huh]. I'm going to be ordering a Federation next. I really want a relatively, tall crowned fedora before I take the plunge on a VS. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart