Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just snagged these shoes...

Gaige

One of the Regulars
$19.99 + $12 shipping.

I like them. A lot. They were listed as cordovan...

Marked "Florsheim Imperial" on the sole and inside.

530f%20223.jpg

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice shoes, and at a good price. From the creasing I don't think they are shell cordovan, but they are still a fine purchase.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Wingtips

Similar to AE MacCallisters. A great suit wearing shoe.

I have a spare pair in proper leather (not the cobbler stuff) size 11C to sell. They have been stretched a little but would fit 10.5D USA or 11D USA = 10 UK.

Gaige

One of the Regulars
AlanC said:
Very nice shoes, and at a good price. From the creasing I don't think they are shell cordovan, but they are still a fine purchase.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't "cordovan" at times, refer to the color?

Just ignore me if I just said something completely stupid. ;)

Thank you all for the feedback. I've been pretty happy, considering the looks of the overall condition and price.

I love wingtips.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gaige said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't "cordovan" at times, refer to the color?

Yes, "cordovan" is a color (oxblood, burgundy, etc). "Shell cordovan" is taken from a membrane on a horse's posterior and used to make shoes, etc. It traditionally has a cordovan color, but does not have to. American makers Alden and Allen Edmonds both make shoes from shell cordovan. Florsheim used to (they may still) as did a number of other--mostly defunct--makers. True shell cordovan shoes command a premium.

Please don't take my comments as negative towards the shoes pictured above. I have a couple of pairs of Florsheims myself, and the ones above are particularly handsome, and purchased at a good price.

Gaige

One of the Regulars
AlanC said:
Yes, "cordovan" is a color (oxblood, burgundy, etc). "Shell cordovan" is taken from a membrane on a horse's posterior and used to make shoes, etc. It traditionally has a cordovan color, but does not have to. American makers Alden and Allen Edmonds both make shoes from shell cordovan. Florsheim used to (they may still) as did a number of other--mostly defunct--makers. True shell cordovan shoes command a premium.

Please don't take my comments as negative towards the shoes pictured above. I have a couple of pairs of Florsheims myself, and the ones above are particularly handsome, and purchased at a good price.

Sir,

Never did I take any of your comments to be negative at all! Your information is very helpful and your statements most appreciated.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
My latest 1940s shoos - for your greater edification Loungers...

:p

1940/50s Black Toecaps.

1940s Brown Brogues wonderful toecap medallion and spade sole. Both dead stock in 'poifect' conditon (they came from Nu Yoik).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80