Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just when you thought you had seen it all . . . (Warning: Not for the fainthearted)

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
But in reality, it's this trash why this hobby is becoming seriously idiotic.

Fine Creek "Hank" Western Shirt.
fine-creek-leather-hank-western-shirt-black-shirts-clutch-cafe-london_672x672.jpg

So read the description...

"The Hank takes inspiration from early style Levis & Wrangler western shirts and is cut from 1mm thick sheepskin leather..."
The Hank doesn't take inspiration from Levi's and Wrangler; it's a pure copy of Levi's & Wrangler. And there is nothing "early" about it. It's a denim shirt. It looks like a denim shirt. These shirts always looked the same. So the entire first sentence of the product description is a lie.

But it gets worse...

"...although at first glance it looks and feels similar to deerskin. The subtleties of deerskin are apparent in the sheepskin used here; the leather has a matte finish and no shine as such, in comparison to the horsehide we are familiar with."
What does that even mean? Do they not understand the words they use? None of this means anything at all. Deerskin is apparent in sheepskin? It doesn't look like horsehide? What?

"Due to the nature of sheepskin and in particular the leather Fine Creek select make the shirt incredibly easy to wear. Soft to the touch as well as the finish the Hank is a joy to wear and will be a standout piece for years to come."
No. You're lying. The reason why this shirt is "incredibly" easy to wear is because it's made out of sheepskin. That's all there is to it.

So basically they made a cheap-ass, thin, lightweight sheepskin shirt - like Zara this year - only they slapped $2,350 price-tag to it.

And someone's gonna buy it.

BS... oups Marketing sells obviously lol

Flying Monkey

New in Town
Those jeans are just worn out. By a machine, I guess, but worn out. For a skillion bucks. I think of all the worn out crummy jeans my mom threw away when I wasn't looking. (I grew up in the 60s. We wore a lot of hippie style ruined garbage.) If I had them now and had a designer name, I could sell them all and retire.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui